What do you dislike most about your F Type.

Anything F-Type related......
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

I do wonder if different pads would make any difference, such as EBC?
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

scm

Post by scm »

Folks in the US seem to like Porterfield R4S, or EBC reds or yellows for "way less dust". Beware of any that require to be "hot" before they're effective, though, not suitable for street use. The Porterfield R4S are formulated for street use (that's what the 'S' means).
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Tel

Post by Tel »

I have a set of Porterfeilds to go into mine once it gets cold outside (as I'll be fitting PS4S tyres all round as well).
They are carbon ceramic, I'm hoping for great things.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
scm

Post by scm »

Tel wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:37 pm I have a set of Porterfeilds to go into mine once it gets cold outside ...
Damn! I don't want it to get cold, but I'd be interested in your feedback. ;)
rbs

Post by rbs »

Women throwing their under ware at me at lights when my wife is in the car???
Polaris White 2016 S Coupe Manual short shifter 6-Speed
black side skirts, Mina Gallery Hood & Side Vents
w/ 20" 5-Split Spoke Tornados (5039's)
William86

Post by William86 »

splitting hairs really: the front parking sensors coming on when pulling up to cars on a red light.
I'm only crawling up and I know how long the nose is.. beeping just to let me know I'm stationary behind another car is totally pointless
William86

Post by William86 »

rbs wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:58 am Women throwing their under ware at me at lights when my wife is in the car???
:lol:
basher

Post by basher »

Apart from brake dust, there's nothing I dislike about my car. That, of course, may change as the car gets older.

I spent the whole day yesterday looking at 100s of beautiful super/hyper cars at Blenheim Palace (plus 1300 Bentleys), and I was very happy to get back to my V6 F. :D

In the same price point, nothing compares IMHO. Certainly from point of view of aesthetics. And I don't personally need more power/speed than I already have. I feel very fortunate to be able to own a car like this.

Double the price - and yes, some Astons or Ferraris appeal. But not all of them. Some of their interiors are "gash".

Triple or quadruple the price - the new McLaren GT. Oh my god, in the flesh... absolutely stunning. As was the young lady who tried to convince me to go to my nearest dealer to test drive it. :lol:
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
scm

Post by scm »

William86 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:58 am splitting hairs really: the front parking sensors coming on when pulling up to cars on a red light.
I'm only crawling up and I know how long the nose is.. beeping just to let me know I'm stationary behind another car is totally pointless
What MY is yours? My MY18 doesn't do that. :?
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

scm wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:02 am
William86 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:58 am splitting hairs really: the front parking sensors coming on when pulling up to cars on a red light.
What MY is yours? My MY18 doesn't do that. :?
Dipping into the JLR parts bin, it's a feature on later models where you can set the front sensors to be on all the time so they will activate if you are going into a space without reversing first.
Saves pushing the parking button like earlier to activate the front sensors.
Operates from 6mph and under.
Can be turned on or off by getting the parking screen up and then pressing the settings cog.
It was also available on early models by pressing and holding the parking button for 3 seconds.
I have it on mine and it doesn't beep unless you get really close to the car in front in traffic and I mean a couple of feet.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post