What do you dislike most about your F Type.

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

AndiC wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:37 am I took delivery of my third F and second SVR roadster back in June. only on driving away from the dealer did he mention that "...it probably wont sound as loud as your old one... " Since Sep 2018 and the introduction of new WLTP (World Harmonised Test Procedure), a filter in the exhaust has been added to reduce CO2 output, however, it's taken the life and soul out of the F Type.
Have you thought about fitting a VAP exhaust. Lots of US owners swear by (not at!) them. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

Diabolik

Post by Diabolik »

I'ts drinking problem at the pump :D :D
MY17 V6 Coupe S, Ultimate /Santorini Black, Panoramic Roof, 20" wheels
scm

Post by scm »

scm wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:39 am
John007 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:45 am I just wish that ALL the ambient lighting would change to red in Dynamic mode, but the door handles aren't included
I think they are in mine (I'll check tonight to confirm) .... ;)
Well, I got round to checking and all my ambient lights change to the same colour, including the inner door handles.
John007

Post by John007 »

scm wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:48 pm
scm wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:39 am
John007 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:45 am I just wish that ALL the ambient lighting would change to red in Dynamic mode, but the door handles aren't included
I think they are in mine (I'll check tonight to confirm) .... ;)
Well, I got round to checking and all my ambient lights change to the same colour, including the inner door handles.

Just taken some pics - they're dark but it was night time!

This is without dynamic..

IMG_20190913_213014.jpg

This is with dynamic...

IMG_20190913_213045.jpg

Am I doing something wrong?
2014 Firesand Orange
380PS Coupe S
Panoramic roof, switchable exhaust, red calipers, heated steering wheel, heated front windscreen, 19" Centrifuge black wheels
scm

Post by scm »

Maybe they changed it for later MYs, mine's MY18?
falkenhayn

Post by falkenhayn »

I have a P340 R-Dynamic MY20 and the handles also don't change color for me and I have the configurable ambient lighting.
scm

Post by scm »

Maybe it's a V8 feature?
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

I specced the ambient lighting on my first F-type and didn't bother with the second, because I thought it was rubbish. Unfortunately all the backlighting for the the controls had a blueish tinge to them which made the whole thing look a mess when anything other than blueish ambient lighting was selected.
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe
falkenhayn

Post by falkenhayn »

Agreed and I regret it too because the blue one looks the best anyway and I would have preferred that they stayed blue in Dynamic if not all lights turn red anyway.
Arne

Post by Arne »

My F-type has sat in the garage for several weeks now, due to too much else going on. Took it for a spirited drive today, and remembered this thread.
Tried to figure out what I did not like, but could not find anything 😄
It's a MY15 made in 2014, and I have had it since early 2015.
It still feels thight, no rattles, loads of power (actually first car that I think has just the right amount of power), very well ballanced, good brakes that are easy to modulate, great comfort for a sportscar, loads of fun, great sound (also in the stereo - no rattles and good quality sound from the 770w system), easy to use satnav without too many unneccessary functions, great seats with great support, lots of leather and nice looking interiour and great looking exteriour!

Quality wise I had a few minor things the two first years (center went would not drop, vertical scratch in side windows and a minor leak in the pinnion seal in the diff), all easilly and quickly fixed by the workshop on warranty. Last two years it has been trouble free.

Only thing I miss is a traditional oil dipstick, but the electronic one work well.

So no - there is actually nothing I dislike with my F-type 😎
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post