What do you dislike most about your F Type.

Anything F-Type related......
johnsoncp

Post by johnsoncp »

I also don't like the excessive brake dust. The gearbox changing up too soon. The poor quality control given that my brand new car has a passenger window that is misaligned and that both windows are wobbly. Whilst the flush door handle looks nice, it makes opening the door more difficult. On mine, the voice activated button doesn't do anything. Perhaps it's a setting but my sat nav in non navigation mode keeps trying to make me drive home or to work as it recognises my route. I would prefer a little more ground clearance. The bonnet is hard to lift as I'm not tall enough to lift it in the middle. Why can't one of the screen cameras act as a dashcam?

Apart from that I think it looks fantastic.
2019 White P300 Coupe

AndiC

Post by AndiC »

I took delivery of my third F and second SVR roadster back in June. only on driving away from the dealer did he mention that "...it probably wont sound as loud as your old one... " Since Sep 2018 and the introduction of new WLTP (World Harmonised Test Procedure), a filter in the exhaust has been added to reduce CO2 output, however, it's taken the life and soul out of the F Type.

if I had known this before hand I wouldn't have bought the car. I hate driving it and so it sits there on the drive looking pretty. My wife drives it more that me. It's a waste of £130k+, I wish I had kept my old one which was just two years old, at least that one put a smile on my face every time I pressed the start button.

the second bugbear is the infotainment screen. It's about as useful as a chocolate teapot when the roof is down. It's certainly not fit for purpose. its the latest infotainment system from JLR and it's changed in design and functionality. It now looks very dull (fits well with the lack of exhaust note) and it's a lovely shade of white for most of the time. Almost totally unusable. I used to love my F Type but not anymore...Dull, dull, quick, quick, dull!!

However, there's light at the end of the tunnel...the new DBS Volante is coming to me for a test drive... and it sounds like a proper car.

The days of my SVR are numbered!
SVR Roadster - carbon ceramics
davidd

Post by davidd »

AndiC wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:37 am I took delivery of my third F and second SVR roadster back in June. only on driving away from the dealer did he mention that "...it probably wont sound as loud as your old one... " Since Sep 2018 and the introduction of new WLTP (World Harmonised Test Procedure), a filter in the exhaust has been added to reduce CO2 output, however, it's taken the life and soul out of the F Type.

if I had known this before hand I wouldn't have bought the car. I hate driving it and so it sits there on the drive looking pretty. My wife drives it more that me. It's a waste of £130k+, I wish I had kept my old one which was just two years old, at least that one put a smile on my face every time I pressed the start button.

the second bugbear is the infotainment screen. It's about as useful as a chocolate teapot when the roof is down. It's certainly not fit for purpose. its the latest infotainment system from JLR and it's changed in design and functionality. It now looks very dull (fits well with the lack of exhaust note) and it's a lovely shade of white for most of the time. Almost totally unusable. I used to love my F Type but not anymore...Dull, dull, quick, quick, dull!!

However, there's light at the end of the tunnel...the new DBS Volante is coming to me for a test drive... and it sounds like a proper car.

The days of my SVR are numbered!
I think in your situation I'd be buying an aftermarket exhaust.

Will the new DBS not suffer from the same WLTP stuff?
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Quite a hot topic/thread this has turned into!

Am I the only one who doesn't dislike anything at all?

If I specifically disliked anything about it I wouldn't have it. Perfectly fine daily driver for my needs.

I've scratched around trying to think of something and I'm struggling. Perhaps the only thing I dislike is when my wife is driving it instead of me. :o
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

AndiC wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:37 am the second bugbear is the infotainment screen. It's about as useful as a chocolate teapot when the roof is down. It's certainly not fit for purpose. its the latest infotainment system from JLR and it's changed in design and functionality. It now looks very dull (fits well with the lack of exhaust note) and it's a lovely shade of white for most of the time. Almost totally unusable.
You can change it to black.
It's in the settings.
:D
basher

Post by basher »

simpleR wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:31 am Quite a hot topic/thread this has turned into!

Am I the only one who doesn't dislike anything at all?

If I specifically disliked anything about it I wouldn't have it. Perfectly fine daily driver for my needs.

I've scratched around trying to think of something and I'm struggling. Perhaps the only thing I dislike is when my wife is driving it instead of me. :o
You're not the only one... I only dislike the brake dust. Not sure that really counts, especially as my wheels are dark satin grey with a ceramic coat, so are easy to clean.

Maybe everyone should have a 400 Sport. 😉

But wait... they can't... it's a limited edition. 😁
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

The only thing I dislike about mine is that I haven’t got it yet! ☹️
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

The infotainment system cutting out half way though a phone call when you're parked up and the engine's not running.
There must be some way of hacking the system to give more time than just a couple of minutes before it shuts down.
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Derivative wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:57 pm Can't reverse it with the door open.
That is probably the only slightly irritating thing that I come across. Which is very odd, given our XE can be reversed with the door open without any safety nannies putting it into park and bonging warning messages. I might be nice sometimes to have a quiet start option, but none of the neighbours have commented on it ,so it's not really a problem.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
SWC

Post by SWC »

That ruddy horrible rear spoiler!
F-Type Coupe P300 - British Racing Green

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post