What do you dislike most about your F Type.

Anything F-Type related......
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Loki wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:33 am Having had my F Type for (nearly) a whole week I've managed to find one thing that irks me greatly: the auto dipping near side wing mirror. Whilst I appreciate a good auto-dip for reversing, I like to be able to adjust it and have it use that setting in future. The damn thing dips so far I'm looking at the kerb. Useful for when I'm reverse parallel parking but not so much so when I'm trying to get the thing in the garage - a much more common occurence.

Perhaps it's the car's way of telling me not to put it away ;)
You can switch "auto dip on reverse" off.

When in reverse, set the required amount of "dip" required using the mirror controls and if you have the memory pack you can save the setting and it remembers it next time.

HTH
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

scm

Post by scm »

Yep, that's exactly what I found. My previous XKR allowed me to adjust the dip position, but the F-Type thinks it knows better (which, sadly in this case, it doesn't). A potential workaround is to use a spare seat memory position with the mirror dipped to your taste, but that's a faff. I think early models claimed to be adjustable, but later MYs explicitly state it's not possible to save the position.

Edit: damn, must read all the posts before replying. :?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

If you just leave the switch used to select left or right mirror in the central position, the mirrors do not dip in reverse.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
scm

Post by scm »

scharlton wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:35 pm If you just leave the switch used to select left or right mirror in the central position, the mirrors do not dip in reverse.
The passenger one will if you've configured the car to do it. ;)
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

It’s very hard to think of anything I dislike about my car even after 3 years, but today reminded me when opening the drivers door when the car is wet a drip of water always drips on to the drivers seat from the roof and like wise when the tailgate opens I have to wait a few seconds while the excess water stops dripping off it before I lean in, but apart from that it’s been superb, so not really a complaint more of an observation.
2016 V8 R AWD Coupe Italian Racing Red, Black Alloys & Pano Roof
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yes you soon learn, when starting the car with a wet windscreen and the driver’s window down, to check if the wipers are on auto!
More driver error than fault though :roll:

I had an Audi A3 Sportback and the roof rails finish about 2/3 way along the driver’s door - reversing out the drive on a cold wet morning that was more of a power shower! 🤣
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
scm

Post by scm »

Jagman100 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:35 pm... when the tailgate opens I have to wait a few seconds while the excess water stops dripping off it before I lean in ...
At least they've improved it since the XKR, the water of that model used to drip off the sides into the boot, whereas the F-Type drips it onto the bodywork!
Loki

Post by Loki »

simpleR wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:38 am
You can switch "auto dip on reverse" off.

When in reverse, set the required amount of "dip" required using the mirror controls and if you have the memory pack you can save the setting and it remembers it next time.

HTH
Thank you so much; I found the menu item to turn it off! It does state in my manual (MY18) that the dip setting cannot be saved. Literally the only thing I dislike compared to the many, many things I really, really like :)
scm

Post by scm »

Loki wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:39 pm
simpleR wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:38 am When in reverse, set the required amount of "dip" required using the mirror controls and if you have the memory pack you can save the setting and it remembers it next time.
Thank you so much; I found the menu item to turn it off! It does state in my manual (MY18) that the dip setting cannot be saved. Literally the only thing I dislike compared to the many, many things I really, really like :)
Yeah, only available on early models, and not all of them saved the setting, in spite of their manual claiming otherwise. I wonder if it ever worked ....
LarmiqFType

Post by LarmiqFType »

The fact that Spotify just disappeared off the incontrol screen when I plug my phone in! Poof! Gone!
April 15 mine was made.
I seem to be plagued by a significant rattle behind the seats that I cannot for the life of me find. Gets worse in winter and disappears in summer!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post