Things You Did'nt know about your F-Type

Anything F-Type related......
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Hi All,

not sure if this has been posted before and apologies if so - i will delete it. Anyway for my sins i used to own a BMW M3 (E36 model range) and there was a post on the forum called "Things you did'nt know about your M3" - this went on to cover about 50 pages + as people added all the little things people may not be aware of and are not documented or haven't read the manual cover to cover. Things like the petrol cap has a groove to hold it in place when refilling or there is a procedure to disable keyless entry etc etc

anyway it became a good read and was always checking as new little gems were added - as i said if already posted / or not wanted i'll delete post - i wont be offended :-) otherwise people keep adding......

Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Owned mine for over 5 years and only found out at the weekend that there is a bottle holder in the door pocket!!!
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Owned mine for 2 & a half years & only found out at the weekend that I need to look under the bonnet!

Best tip from me. Lightly silicone grease window rubber seals. Ensures window drops, goes up, smoothly when opening & closing door.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
davidd

Post by davidd »

Timbo wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:53 pm Owned mine for over 5 years and only found out at the weekend that there is a bottle holder in the door pocket!!!
What? Really? A proper one?
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

How about if you press the left and right mirror buttons at same time at low speed they fold in. Good for close passing cars, tight gaps. etc.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Or if you press the start and audio on buttons at the same time music comes out of the exhaust.
Try it...
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

If you hold down the traction control button for 5-10 seconds it switches off the computer that is doing all the heavy lifting for steering, acceleration and braking.
Touch the peddle too hard and you will doughnut. I give your averagely good driver about 3 minutes till they end up in a ditch.
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy
scm

Post by scm »

Tall dad wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:58 am Touch the peddle too hard ...
i know we're supposed to be a nation of shopkeepers, but it's PEDAL, FFS! :evil:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

I hate how loud the parking sensors are.. I get deafened by them every time I start the car and try to reverse out of my garage! Haven't found any way to turn them down yet..
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
scm

Post by scm »

You just turn down the volume control while they're beeping ....
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post