Things You Did'nt know about your F-Type

Anything F-Type related......
sebby1990

Post by sebby1990 »

scm wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:10 am Unintuitively? Every Jaguar I've had works the same way, which I find very intuitive. And having the washer jets in the wiper housing is far more sensible since it squirts the fluid on the glass just before the blades get there (you have noticed it only squirts on the upstroke?) - how many times have you followed a car that's attempting to wash its windscreen but instead showers the following vehicle? Not to mention soaking the occupants of a convertible with the top down. :)

I also find the single wipe without wasting washer fluid very useful.
Alas, I have a couple of cars and drive several others as part of my job. In all of them, except the Jaguar, pulling the wiper stalk towards you activates the washers. Only in cars that have a single stalk for everything (Mercedes), does it make sense. I can't understand why Jaguar decided to against the grain and make it so that the wash is a push-button action on a stalk which in 90% of other cars has a universal option.

The washers being located in the wiper housing itself is a nice touch, but is also prevalent on other cars. My Mercedes has the same feature on the rear wiper. I suspect your reasoning is exactly what Jaguar thought - best not to soak the drivers of their own cars with spray and pray washer jets!
Jaguar F-Type V8S, Mercedes-Benz ML63, Subaru Impreza WRX, Mini Cooper

Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

In my opinion Jaguar have got the push button screen wash exactly right. When the wipers are in auto, if you need an extra wipe, pull the stalk. With other arrangements you have to move the switch stalk out of auto and back again, far more bother.

Also, for those that wonder if a flat fob battery loses its program, it doesn't. I had a dead flat battery in my spare, new battery and all good.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
rjmlondon

Post by rjmlondon »

scm wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:42 am
Tall dad wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:58 am Touch the peddle too hard ...
i know we're supposed to be a nation of shopkeepers, but it's PEDAL, FFS! :evil:
Now that is funny :lol:
2015 F type R
Qatar
Polaris White
Carbon Fibre and black out
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

If you look im the glove box there is a switch at the top left that allows a neighbour-friendly quiet engine start.
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

...actually there isn't but I wish there was. Then I wouldn't be under a 11pm to 9am curfew on using the car.
scm

Post by scm »

Duvetday wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:18 am... I wouldn't be under a 11pm to 9am curfew on using the car.
"Sorry dear, I couldn't get home before 11pm so I had to spend all night driving until 9am when I could come home" Sounds like a plan! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

That's what I like about this forum - it's full of top tips :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

Three quick clicks of unlock button on remote and roof comes down ?

I haven't tried this yet myself....read it somewhere just now.

(Doesn't work on coupe)
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

PaulWildsmith wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:17 am You can with this

https://smarttop.uk/product-category/jaguar/
Do you mean that the three clicks thing is not standard ?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post