Confused re Extended Warranty

Anything F-Type related......
Diabolik

Post by Diabolik »

Hi All,

I have just booked an MOT for my car, I was speaking with the service adviser about extending the warranty and i was told that my car had already an extended warranty until August 2020 which I wasn't aware of.

The Car was registered at the end of September 16.

I asked about details and he gave me the number of Jaguar UK to call and find out more about it.

Jaguar UK confirmed that the car was showing the extended warranty, when I asked what it was covered they put me trough to the people that issue the extended cover to be told that there was not an extended warranty on my car.

Any of you experienced something like this before?
Any help much appreciated.
MY17 V6 Coupe S, Ultimate /Santorini Black, Panoramic Roof, 20" wheels

JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Did you buy the car new or second hand?
If it was new then if you haven't paid for extended warranty then obviously it won't be active.
If you bought it from JLR as an approved used car, then it would have 2 years extended warranty as standard.
The 2 years extended doesn't seem to follow the exact first registered date or the 2 years from purchase date as for some reason my 2 year extended warranty ran for 2 months after the anniversary of purchase. I got this in writing from JLR and no problem when renewing this year. It is a separate company that runs the JLR extended warranty though so not surprised their systems sometimes don't match.

The car should have a book which gives all the details of the warranty it has.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Diabolik

Post by Diabolik »

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I did buy second hand.

I have since also spoken to the seller and he had it from new and was not aware of an extended warranty, the previous owner being in the motor trade told me it was probably a mistake on Jaguars part, or maybe they got confused with the 5 year service pack that came with the car.
MY17 V6 Coupe S, Ultimate /Santorini Black, Panoramic Roof, 20" wheels
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

If you are looking for warranty, I just had a message from ALA a forum sponsor I believe, about extended warranties they now offer.
Too late for me as I just extended my JLR warranty, but something I would have looked into.
Their GAP insurance is highly recommended.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post