Newbie Q's.

Anything F-Type related......
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

alpinaman wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:07 pm Bought my F type a month ago now and working through the odd foible..

So hopefully i can now start to fall in love with my car....
Hi and welcome, post some pictures and model year (MY) to get the best advice.

Speakers - there are three systems, 180w, 380w Meridian and 770w Surround Sound. Depends on what you had before, what you are used too and quality you expect. If you search there are a few results this being one for reference - https://www.cartronics.co.uk/case-studi ... er-upgrade - but if your just doing front speakers then I guess anything will do.

Cold first starts - no need to wait, I don't if leaving early in the morning (although I prefer to wait for the revs to drop) and yes it does thump into gear more so in drive than reverse.

Tyres - should wear evenly. Glad you got it sorted.
My rears did 9k but my fronts are still on 4-5mm after nearly 16k now so expect them to last well into the mid 20k's. Quite a few suffer from inside front wear on the history checks I have done previously. As mine has perfect wear across the tyre and was perfect on Pirelli's 4-wheel alignment you might want to consider another alignment if you notice uneven wear on the new tyres

Enjoy. Pics please.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black

alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

scm wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:04 pm
alpinaman wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:36 pm JFYI...... The Transam ran open lakepipes,and my last XKR had a modified JP stainless system,both significantly louder than a Type R or SVR...
So your cars with modifed exhausts are louder than unmodified F-Types. Mmm, valid comparison, then? ;)

Hang on...

I wasn’t comparing anything to anything..

Other people started started waving information around, that coincidentally had nothing to do with any of the questions I had initially asked , so I gave information back on a reply ..

No comparing , no willy waving, no ear bleeding from my side , thanks ...
alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

Dazarooni wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:07 pm
alpinaman wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:36 pm Oh...

You seem to have all the answers..

Any chance of answering the questions i asked ?

JFYI...... The Transam ran open lakepipes,and my last XKR had a modified JP stainless system,both significantly louder than a Type R or SVR...
I think I speak for quite a few owners when I say that I couldn't care less about the sound system. The exhaust system is the sound system. It took me about 2 months to turn on the thing when I purchased my car and even now, if it is turned on, I keep it on very low as I want to hear the exhaust. TBH I don't even know what sound system I have - I'm guessing it's the Meridian 380.

So I don't have any answers to your question unfortunately!

Ah...

Thanks then..

The fact that I do like to listen to music or use the phone in the car especially on Journeys , is why I asked the question ..

I guess the answer is to not turn it on at all, and listen to my exhaust for 2 months, with you speaking for quite a few owners, I must be in the minority

Thanks for you input ..
alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

simpleR wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:29 pm
alpinaman wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:07 pm Bought my F type a month ago now and working through the odd foible..

So hopefully i can now start to fall in love with my car....
Hi and welcome, post some pictures and model year (MY) to get the best advice.

Speakers - there are three systems, 180w, 380w Meridian and 770w Surround Sound. Depends on what you had before, what you are used too and quality you expect. If you search there are a few results this being one for reference - https://www.cartronics.co.uk/case-studi ... er-upgrade - but if your just doing front speakers then I guess anything will do.

Cold first starts - no need to wait, I don't if leaving early in the morning (although I prefer to wait for the revs to drop) and yes it does thump into gear more so in drive than reverse.

Tyres - should wear evenly. Glad you got it sorted.
My rears did 9k but my fronts are still on 4-5mm after nearly 16k now so expect them to last well into the mid 20k's. Quite a few suffer from inside front wear on the history checks I have done previously. As mine has perfect wear across the tyre and was perfect on Pirelli's 4-wheel alignment you might want to consider another alignment if you notice uneven wear on the new tyres

Enjoy. Pics please.

Many thanks for this info..

Just what was needed ..

As regards the audio, after searching through some info I find that vibration and distortion from the front speakers is a common issue with the F type, and seems to be under a “customer complaint recall”, so I will have to speak to the dealers and see what can be done as regards to that .

Car is a 2015 V6s..

Thanks again for the info, has cleared up the issues for me
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

alpinaman wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:59 am
scm wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:04 pm
alpinaman wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:36 pm JFYI...... The Transam ran open lakepipes,and my last XKR had a modified JP stainless system,both significantly louder than a Type R or SVR...
So your cars with modifed exhausts are louder than unmodified F-Types. Mmm, valid comparison, then? ;)

Hang on...

I wasn’t comparing anything to anything..

Other people started started waving information around, that coincidentally had nothing to do with any of the questions I had initially asked , so I gave information back on a reply ..

No comparing , no willy waving, no ear bleeding from my side , thanks ...
Nope, here's your very words..."Im not bothered about the sound at all,i have had loads of very loud cars in the past the F type is pretty tame..."

That's a very sweeping statement. You basically made the generalisation that the Jaguar F-Type sound is pretty tame compared to the other cars you've owned. I challenged you on this. It's a forum, deal with it.
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

alpinaman wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:05 am
Dazarooni wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:07 pm
alpinaman wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:36 pm Oh...

You seem to have all the answers..

Any chance of answering the questions i asked ?

JFYI...... The Transam ran open lakepipes,and my last XKR had a modified JP stainless system,both significantly louder than a Type R or SVR...
I think I speak for quite a few owners when I say that I couldn't care less about the sound system. The exhaust system is the sound system. It took me about 2 months to turn on the thing when I purchased my car and even now, if it is turned on, I keep it on very low as I want to hear the exhaust. TBH I don't even know what sound system I have - I'm guessing it's the Meridian 380.

So I don't have any answers to your question unfortunately!

Ah...

Thanks then..

The fact that I do like to listen to music or use the phone in the car especially on Journeys , is why I asked the question ..

I guess the answer is to not turn it on at all, and listen to my exhaust for 2 months, with you speaking for quite a few owners, I must be in the minority

Thanks for you input ..
You asked me to answer the question. I guess you're not keeping up things. As I said, I'm unable to help and explained my reasoning for this. I see you're new to the forum, welcome. It must have been a while since you posted on a public forum because your forum etiquette seems a bit rusty.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

I think we have had enough and this is starting to get personal.
This isn't going to develop into a pi**ing war about which car is the loudest.
The OP finally got answers to his questions, so let's leave it at that.
Thanks.
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

The thing is Phil, he made a sweeping statement and was challenged for it. Don't see the problem but whatever.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Dazarooni wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:06 am The thing is Phil, he made a sweeping statement and was challenged for it. Don't see the problem but whatever.
alpinaman wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:18 pm Im not bothered about the sound at all,i have had loads of very loud cars in the past the F type is pretty tame.

It looks like just an opinion to me but obviously was seen as a derogatory statement which upset some.
Either way the matter is done with.
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Maybe a visit to a car audio shop may help. Mine's the Meridian 380 which is very good. If it's just the speakers then a change to some good quality ones should be easy enough. Or is it the door cards that need some fettling. If I turn mine up I have to remove anything in the door pocket otherwise everything buzzes.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post