Spec lookup function

Anything F-Type related......
turvytopsy

Post by turvytopsy »

Hi SimpleR

Can't PM you unfortunately, but could you please look up VN64YEF for me?

Thanks!

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

turvytopsy wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:15 pm Hi SimpleR

Can't PM you unfortunately, but could you please look up VN64(XXX) for me?

Thanks!
Hi there, VN64 was a black 64 plate (MY15) V6S rare manual press car. Two things about this:

1) Press cars registrations cannot be converted to VIN numbers as they don't appear on Jaguar systems. So I cannot lookup History, TopiX or spec etc.

2) Is this a car you own? Or looking to buy? This cars history has been requested before. I can post all the links to the car here if you don't own it OR PM you privately if you do. Interesting and quite unique history.

S
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
turvytopsy

Post by turvytopsy »

simpleR wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:03 pm
turvytopsy wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:15 pm Hi SimpleR

Can't PM you unfortunately, but could you please look up VN64(XXX) for me?

Thanks!
Hi there, VN64 was a black 64 plate (MY15) V6S rare manual press car. Two things about this:

1) Press cars registrations cannot be converted to VIN numbers as they don't appear on Jaguar systems. So I cannot lookup History, TopiX or spec etc.

2) Is this a car you own? Or looking to buy? This cars history has been requested before. I can post all the links to the car here if you don't own it OR PM you privately if you do. Interesting and quite unique history.

S
Thanks for the info! I'm looking at possibly buying it. It's at a dealership at the moment, I'm going to take a look at it at the weekend. So more background info on it would be really helpful
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

OK, so as I said VA/VE/VN registrations tend to be Jaguar cars of which some get lent to magazines etc as press car. You will see V plate F-types on Grand Tour, Top Gear on the mall, vMax etc.

Jaguars systems work by VIN number but allow a reg to be converted to a VIN to lookup service history, spec, outstanding campaigns etc. Press cars don't get added to the reg to VIN conversion system for some reason plus some plates get re-used. This one appears to have stayed with the car.

I hope this is for a manual black V6S. It was actually one of the first manuals and spent the start of its life on test. It ended up in Portugal at the Estoril Race Track allowing journalists from UK/Europe to test the new v8 AWD auto and the new manual V6 around the track. With no VIN I cannot tell you much other than:

Here is one write up from Piston Heads
https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-bri ... iven/31578

Here is the Youtube Video of it doing a lap (lap 12 of 12)

When it came back to UK, it required quite a bit of suspension work. Jaguar replaced it all as it re-passed it's MOT the following day. I guess the heat, dust and smacking/kissing the kerbs didn't help things.

Nearside Front Upper Suspension arm ball joint dust cover deteriorated, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.4.G.2)
Offside Front Upper Suspension arm ball joint dust cover deteriorated, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.4.G.2)
Nearside Front Upper Suspension arm has slight play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
Nearside Rear Upper Suspension arm ball joint dust cover deteriorated, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.4.G.2)
Offside Rear Upper Suspension arm ball joint dust cover deteriorated, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.4.G.2)
Nearside Rear Anti-roll bar ball joint dust cover deteriorated, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.4.G.2)
Offside Rear Anti-roll bar ball joint dust cover deteriorated, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.4.G.2)

Another pic out on track:
https://www.dalelomas.com/the-jaguar-f- ... bon-p2351/
I did find a picture of it on track doing the full green hell on nürburgring touristenfahrten but cannot find it now.

Up to you that one. Nice, rare V6S manual though.
If you get the VIN off the window you can lookup service history and spec as well.
turvytopsy

Post by turvytopsy »

simpleR wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:34 pmI hope this is for a manual black V6S. It was actually one of the first manuals and spent the start of its life on test. It ended up in Portugal at the Estoril Race Track allowing journalists from UK/Europe to test the new v8 AWD auto and the new manual V6 around the track. With no VIN I cannot tell you much other than:
Interesting, I was wondering why a 2014 car had the manual
box as I thought they didn't arrive till 2015, but it being a prototype/press car explains it.

Sounds like it had a tough early life, but I'll drive it and see how it feels, grab the VIN too and see if it's been looked after well

Thanks for all the info, really appreciate it, you've been a big help!
SkiMB

Post by SkiMB »

Hi simpleR,

Newbie here to the forum, just bought my first F-Type, 2014 V8 SC. Still waiting for delivery next week and can't wait!

I'm keen to know what the original factory spec was and which options were added buy the buyer, would be great if you could look this up for me.

Number plate is LD14 VPE. If you need the VIN i can provide that too.

Cheers
MY14 F-Type V8 S :D
Ultimate Black, Ivory Sports Seats, Carbon vents, Tornado 20" wheels
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

SkiMB wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:26 pm Hi simpleR,

Newbie here to the forum, just bought my first F-Type, 2014 V8 SC. Still waiting for delivery next week and can't wait!

I'm keen to know what the original factory spec was and which options were added buy the buyer, would be great if you could look this up for me.

Cheers
Car number 7,756 - PM on its way now.
Note it's an S (not an SC by the way)
scm

Post by scm »

simpleR wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:08 pm Note it's an S (not an SC by the way)
Unless he means "supercharged", which is unnecessary since they all are (4-pot excepted, of course). ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
SkiMB

Post by SkiMB »

Thanks for the spec simpleR, that was quick turnaround 😁

Some paperwork I got from dealer had a C after the S on the title, had assumed it meant convertible but must be wrong!
MY14 F-Type V8 S :D
Ultimate Black, Ivory Sports Seats, Carbon vents, Tornado 20" wheels
PDE

Post by PDE »

simpleR wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:34 pm OK, so as I said VA/VE/VN registrations tend to be Jaguar cars of which some get lent to magazines etc as press car. You will see V plate F-types on Grand Tour, Top Gear on the mall, vMax etc.

Jaguars systems work by VIN number but allow a reg to be converted to a VIN to lookup service history, spec, outstanding campaigns etc. Press cars don't get added to the reg to VIN conversion system for some reason plus some plates get re-used. This one appears to have stayed with the car.

I hope this is for a manual black V6S. It was actually one of the first manuals and spent the start of its life on test. It ended up in Portugal at the Estoril Race Track allowing journalists from UK/Europe to test the new v8 AWD auto and the new manual V6 around the track. With no VIN I cannot tell you much other than:

Here is one write up from Piston Heads
https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-bri ... iven/31578

Here is the Youtube Video of it doing a lap (lap 12 of 12)

When it came back to UK, it required quite a bit of suspension work. Jaguar replaced it all as it re-passed it's MOT the following day. I guess the heat, dust and smacking/kissing the kerbs didn't help things.

Nearside Front Upper Suspension arm ball joint dust cover deteriorated, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.4.G.2)
Offside Front Upper Suspension arm ball joint dust cover deteriorated, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.4.G.2)
Nearside Front Upper Suspension arm has slight play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
Nearside Rear Upper Suspension arm ball joint dust cover deteriorated, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.4.G.2)
Offside Rear Upper Suspension arm ball joint dust cover deteriorated, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.4.G.2)
Nearside Rear Anti-roll bar ball joint dust cover deteriorated, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.4.G.2)
Offside Rear Anti-roll bar ball joint dust cover deteriorated, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.4.G.2)

Another pic out on track:
https://www.dalelomas.com/the-jaguar-f- ... bon-p2351/
I did find a picture of it on track doing the full green hell on nürburgring touristenfahrten but cannot find it now.

Up to you that one. Nice, rare V6S manual though.
If you get the VIN off the window you can lookup service history and spec as well.
Do you still want the VIN for this one ?
F-Type P300 R-DYNAMIC, Fuji White, 5060 20" Alloys.
Gone, but not forgotten -
Audi S3 8v Saloon
Nissan 350Z
Nissan 350Z
Honda S2000
etc..

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post