Spec lookup function

Anything F-Type related......
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Simeyb wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:30 pm I would love to know the full spec of the R coupe I've bought, but not getting until the end of the month
Hi and welcome. Unfortunately Jaguar have removed access to build sheets for unpaid subscriptions in Topix. I don't know whether this is by design or a technical issue or whether by having a subscription the feature returns. Sorry.

If you have the VIN (I can get the VIN from a reg if you need it) then you could sign up and purchase access to Topix. Prices for a single model start from £25 an hour, up to £1000 for the entire year.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black

Simeyb

Post by Simeyb »

Thanks for coming back so quickly simpleR! Thats a shame, guess I can wait til I actually get the car - one think I noticed on the pic on the infotainment was a parking button Ive not seen before - pic attached - looks like active parking but it wasn't on the spec the dealer had on their www, although they aren't always so detailed! Second button on the left!

Thanks again!

1_380246_e.jpg

FType Coupe MY18 V8 R AWD
Rhodium Silver
Meridian Surround
Pan roof
Exterior Black Pack
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

The parking sensor alert switches on automatically when reverse is selected, and off again when moving forwards above a certain speed. That P button is manual on/off of the alert system for that occasion only.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
scm

Post by scm »

Simeyb wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:02 am Thanks for coming back so quickly simpleR! Thats a shame, guess I can wait til I actually get the car
If you're buying from a dealer, ask them for a copy of the TOPIx Vehicle Summary. I did that for a couple I was interested in - it took a bit of persuasion but they played ball in the end!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Jaguandy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:18 am The parking sensor alert switches on automatically when reverse is selected, and off again when moving forwards above a certain speed. That P button is manual on/off of the alert system for that occasion only.
No, not that P button the other one :D

Does look like Parallel Park feature.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Simeyb

Post by Simeyb »

Lunar wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:33 am
Jaguandy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:18 am The parking sensor alert switches on automatically when reverse is selected, and off again when moving forwards above a certain speed. That P button is manual on/off of the alert system for that occasion only.
No, not that P button the other one :D

Does look like Parallel Park feature.
Thanks Lunar - just wondering if I would trust it with these!!!

1_380243_e.jpg

FType Coupe MY18 V8 R AWD
Rhodium Silver
Meridian Surround
Pan roof
Exterior Black Pack
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I had it on my XE R-Sport and to be honest it was decent, if awkwardly slow.

You still have full control of the car's movement, but it's certainly worth ensuring the passenger door mirror is tilted down to watch what you're doing.

Scraping a wheel is always a very painful experience!
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
scm

Post by scm »

Lunar wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:32 pm... it's certainly worth ensuring the passenger door mirror is tilted down to watch what you're doing.
I used that feature all the time (when reversing!) on my 2010 XKR, but the F-Type's implementation is hopeless - it dips too far to be useful and it's not user setable, whereas the XKR was. According to their manuals, early models were user adjustable, but that facility was removed around MY18.
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Yes its a real pain everytime you want to reverse backwards a distance rather than reverse park, have to raise the mirror otherwise cant see anything.

My Evoque being the older system is user settable, makes such a difference.

There you go found something we dont like!!! Just have to keep going forwards and all is well again.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
scm

Post by scm »

I tried the workaround of lowering the mirror and storing it in seat memory 3, but it's such a faff that I've never used it.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post