F-Type Dog Seat?!

Anything F-Type related......
400P

Post by 400P »

Just wondering if anyone has a dog seat in their car? Looking at the Kurgo Skybox as my Dog likes to look out of the window and smile at people admiring the Cat, but thought I'd see if anyone else recommends one (considering the Jag's Sports Seats, etc).

Cheers
- RWD 400 Sport -

Deleted User 1481

Post by Deleted User 1481 »

Dogs and cats don't mix too well! I have a lovely Golden Retriever but she is banned from the F-Type and has to go in the back of the family Volvo.
400P

Post by 400P »

Thanks pinballpaul - I don't have another option so have bought him a new 'impact' harness for now which will keep him safe and restrict him from trying to climb up and look out the window! Hunt for the new bed continues...!
- RWD 400 Sport -
NCC

Post by NCC »

I’m very interested in this 400P. We have a family car that our (crazy) Cockapoo is currently transported in but I’m likely to be out in the F-type on my own a lot and it might be good for him to join me occasionally.

Now, I know others will be horrified at the thought and I might well give up on the idea completely (no dog has ever been in my TVR!). It would be nice to try it though, without ruining the leather!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MY2020 V6S RWD auto, Indus Silver, Pimento performance seats, Ebony suedecloth, Exterior carbon pack, Black 5039 alloys, Interior black pack, carbon console, heated steering wheel (vital!), climate pack, c/f dynamics, pointless ambient lighting!
Backfire

Post by Backfire »

We've got a small Jack Russell/Chihuahua cross and we got a dog seat that straps to the car seat and has a built in safety strap. I've not used it in the F Type but my wife uses it in her F Pace a lot. One of these will save your seats and contain the hair (a bit!). Also it can be fitted a bit higher so doggy can see out and interface with other people and dogs (AKA bark). Just google car dog seat - there are so many.
2017MY F Type Coupe, Caldera Red, 19 Centrifuges, Pan Roof, Leather memory heated seats, Parking pack. Also 1957 XK150 FHC.
400P

Post by 400P »

Hi NCC and Backfire,

The dog already rides shotgun with me - towel down on the seat and dog bed on top. He just sometimes gets a bit inquisitive and don't want him reaching up towards the window and trying to look out the window.

Yesterday the impact harness arrived so will try that out today and let you know how we get on - it's crash tested to 30mph. Its also black with yellow stitching, which is a complete coincidence, honest! ;)

I ruled out the Kurgo Skybox as I don't think it will work with the slim seats in mine. I am instead now looking at something that sounds similar to what Backfire has:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ME-MY-PETS-D ... 2804495499

I think only the small size would fit in the F-Type though (unless Backfire has a different size and can confirm?)

Cheers
- RWD 400 Sport -
Backfire

Post by Backfire »

Ours is similar to this:

https://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets ... for-in-car

with a strap that goes over the headrest and one round the seat back.
2017MY F Type Coupe, Caldera Red, 19 Centrifuges, Pan Roof, Leather memory heated seats, Parking pack. Also 1957 XK150 FHC.
NCC

Post by NCC »

Backfire wrote:Ours is similar to this:

Thanks. Off for a google now [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MY2020 V6S RWD auto, Indus Silver, Pimento performance seats, Ebony suedecloth, Exterior carbon pack, Black 5039 alloys, Interior black pack, carbon console, heated steering wheel (vital!), climate pack, c/f dynamics, pointless ambient lighting!
400P

Post by 400P »

Backfire wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:57 am Ours is similar to this:

Hi Backfire,

That's was the one I was looking at in my original post...I would be really grateful if you could confirm if it works in the F-Type? It's the one I ideally wanted to get bit didn't want to spend £50 or so if it doesn't fit properly? Thanks in advance!
Backfire

Post by Backfire »

It's a fairly universal fitting so should be OK. I can't try the seat in the F Type until next weekend as the wife away with it. Also, I suppose it will depend a bit on the style of seat, mine are the original standard style with full leather upgrade.
The only problem I can see is that integrated headrests don't give the top strap so much purchase (competition seats with cut-outs should be good). Also, especially if you have the doggy seat set higher, it's best suited to a small dog.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post