Potential New Buyer - Best Colours?

Anything F-Type related......
FlyingSouvlaki
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:00 pm

Potential New Buyer - Best Colours?

Post by FlyingSouvlaki » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:09 pm

Hi all,

I'm in a lucky position with a new job, so I'm considering becoming a first time owner of an F-Type. I've been looking at a used (around 15-16MY) V8 AWD Coupe, I've been to see one in the flesh already. It was a burnt orange (or sand is it called?) colour, and IMHO it was absolutely beautiful.

I've missed the boat on that particular car, and since noticed they're not that common. It brings me onto my very subjective question;

Are there any colours you all think are as nice as the orange one? Having not seen any others in the flesh, I cannot judge! We currently have two white cars, so unfortunately I think white is out for the F-Type.

If there are any other suggestions about what to look out for, I'd very much appreciate it. I am completely new to Jaguar ownership.

Thanks!


simpleR
Posts: 777
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:56 am

Re: Potential New Buyer - Best Colours?

Post by simpleR » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:14 pm

I don't think there is a wrong colour. Whatever your preference is and then there is black, chrome or carbon finishes plus wheels to consider as well to complete the look.

History checks are available. PM me a reg for spec/details as I can lookup VIN numbers so you can see servicing history, specification from Topix and internet history without visiting potential cars.

Happy hunting.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)


User avatar
scm
Posts: 1069
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:39 am
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Potential New Buyer - Best Colours?

Post by scm » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:51 pm

The "orange" is called Firesand and, as you've observed, it's a fabulous colour. However, the F-Type looks great in any colour, and as you're new here I'm prepared to overlook your comments about white! ;)

Italian Racing Red is another "in your face" colour, which a few on here have.

Welcome aboard and good luck with your search!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!


User avatar
Arne
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:01 pm

Re: Potential New Buyer - Best Colours?

Post by Arne » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:00 pm

MY15 model in IRR with black pack.

20180727_141033.jpg

F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8


FlyingSouvlaki
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:00 pm

Re: Potential New Buyer - Best Colours?

Post by FlyingSouvlaki » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:30 pm

scm wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:51 pm
The "orange" is called Firesand and, as you've observed, it's a fabulous colour. However, the F-Type looks great in any colour, and as you're new here I'm prepared to overlook your comments about white! ;)

Italian Racing Red is another "in your face" colour, which a few on here have.

Welcome aboard and good luck with your search!
:lol: I never said anything wrong about White! After all, I have two of them already!

That Red is lovely too Arne :o


User avatar
Tel
Posts: 1357
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:26 pm
Location: Weymouth, Dorset

Re: Potential New Buyer - Best Colours?

Post by Tel » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:51 pm

FlyingSouvlaki wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:09 pm
Hi all,

I'm in a lucky position with a new job, so I'm considering becoming a first time owner of an F-Type. I've been looking at a used (around 15-16MY) V8 AWD Coupe, I've been to see one in the flesh already. It was a burnt orange (or sand is it called?) colour, and IMHO it was absolutely beautiful.

I've missed the boat on that particular car, and since noticed they're not that common. It brings me onto my very subjective question;

Are there any colours you all think are as nice as the orange one? Having not seen any others in the flesh, I cannot judge! We currently have two white cars, so unfortunately I think white is out for the F-Type.

If there are any other suggestions about what to look out for, I'd very much appreciate it. I am completely new to Jaguar ownership.

Thanks!
All F's look good in whatever colour you choose.

You might consider buying a suitable car with the options that you require, but maybe the colour might not be your first choice, and then have it wrapped. There's some better oranges around now that Firesand in vinyl wrap....and you've protected your original paintwork for top resale value.
2016MY V8R RWD IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air induction kit
Billet OBD lock/cover
Forged lightweight Blades
Jet/Red R Heated sports seats/wheel
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano-Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentric Spacers
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips


XZ4
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:26 am
Location: Tayside

Re: Potential New Buyer - Best Colours?

Post by XZ4 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:59 pm

When I bought last year I was looking for Salsa Red, Firesand or White. I bought White as it had all the spec I wanted. I had a few must have options and a few that I wanted but weren't deal breakers. I was fortunate to find a car with all and more.
2013 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more


JohnG123
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:12 am

Re: Potential New Buyer - Best Colours?

Post by JohnG123 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:54 pm

Mine might be for sale soon.

FBDEA73F-965E-418B-93D4-4A73430F59E9.jpeg



FlyingSouvlaki
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:00 pm

Re: Potential New Buyer - Best Colours?

Post by FlyingSouvlaki » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:53 pm

JohnG123 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:54 pm
Mine might be for sale soon.FBDEA73F-965E-418B-93D4-4A73430F59E9.jpeg
Could be interested John! That's a beauty!
Keep me posted.
Cheers


davidd
Posts: 357
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Potential New Buyer - Best Colours?

Post by davidd » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:36 am

All the colours look great, black however is generally more batman which is a good thing ;)


Post Reply

Return to “Main F-Type Forum”