Parking

Anything F-Type related......
400P

Post by 400P »

Any paranoia when parking your F-Type in public places, or just me?!

Hate leaving it where it can possibly get dinged/ scratched etc, but trying to relax a bit on this front as it is sometimes very impractical - or worse still - I just leave the car at home.

Wondered what other owners views were?

Cheers
- RWD 400 Sport -

steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

I'm same. If going anywhere like supermarket etc, I take my van.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I take a pragmatic approach
Wherever possible park away for others. Never near SUV, cars with childseats, vans etc. Never at pinch points such as turns in multi storey parks
Ironically if you park alone others park next to you seemingly to align

Beyond that it’s a car and to be driven, enjoyed and used not worried about or left at home.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
SOLDES

Post by SOLDES »

where ever I go I plan ahead and look on google maps to see what the parkings are like. I choose hotels based on their parking lot and then on the sort of rooms they have. :)
its just the general disrespect people have for ones property.
Always bought a banger for my wife parking at the train station. Never a ding. Bought one new car and already had 4 door dings after two months …
Nick
P300 First edition
Eiger grey / Mars red
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

I don't like leaving mine in public as others have mentioned, people just don't have respect for the property of other people.. Too many pictures online of people leaning up against nice cars etc... Happy to if I can keep the car in sight, that being said. But that's why the F Type is my weekend car, and I'll take my old, battered Defender into town as it'd do more damage to any other car opening their door on it and the odd dink or dent is character - of which it already has plenty ;)
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
chicb

Post by chicb »

I'm the guy who parks so far away in a supermarket that I could do with a bus to get to the front door, but when I return there will be someone parked beside me even though there is nothing around for 50 yards. :cry:
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

I'm away touring in the F-Type at the moment and the first thing i do with any hotel etc is sort the parking! They get too much attention otherwise.

The AirBnB i'm driving to tomorrow has a garage 8-)
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Cool Hand Luke

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

Just spent 2 weeks in France !
Sitting in the car in a car park one day when lady in next car returns to her car and opens her door onto my car ! I get out to check for damage so her husband comes round and is insistent that the door couldn't possibly open far enough to hit my car. He opens the door to demonstrate and you've guessed it, hits my car again !!! At this point of course I'm incandescent with rage and my own dear wife is trying to calm me down! With some relief I realised that their car was one of those citroen things with plastic panels on the door and the jag was mercifully unscathed !
Talking to French friends later they say that is just normal behaviour in France and no one thinks twice about dinging a car parked alongside !
MY 2018 red convertible 380 R dynamic, black pack, red seatbelts, heated flat bottomed steering wheel, rear camera and front park aids, 20’ wheels
Rogere

Post by Rogere »

My Firesand SVR is the one on the top floor of the airport car park, Billy no mates!
If AK47 s were legal I’d have one and keep guard when visiting any car park
And ,generally, I’m a nice bloke,but ding my motor.....
2016 F Type SVR. Firesand. A riot of black and orange!
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Couldn’t get any closer to the wall 😄

FA1E60C9-8060-4D1E-97BB-3E799EA70EB5.jpeg

Only went off for a coffee but still paranoid 😩
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit