Road trip MPG,tank range ? Euro map.

Anything F-Type related......
alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

Anyone done a long road trip in their F type V6 ?

We have pencilled in a road trip in May 2020,basically through France,Route Napoleon and onto Monaco for a few days then return.
Basically a couple of thousand miles give or take.

So.... Baring in mind will be trying to observe limits in most places,and is more of a cruise than a blast would an mpg of around 32 mpg sound realistic?

Do these have a 70l tank fitted ? So range "could" be into the 400+ miles ?

Anyone have real world figures we can work off?

Also,can the Jaguar Nav be upgraded to cover Europe ?

TIA...

Cool Hand Luke

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

Just done 2000 miles from Edinburgh to Île de Ré then Lille then back. Was getting 31ish on the longer runs cruising around 80 mph in the UK and140 kph in France on the speedo.
European maps are already on my system - didn't need to do anything other than change the country on the search menu.
MY 2018 red convertible 380 R dynamic, black pack, red seatbelts, heated flat bottomed steering wheel, rear camera and front park aids, 20’ wheels
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

I'm away at the moment in the South of France. Just done Route Napoleon, Red Rock Road and Gorge de Verdon.

If your doing it in a V6 then you need to think about 25 mpg if not a little less. You can get more, but your not having enough fun! You wont get 32mpg as there are a lot of hills, corners and stop start driving.

All you need do it plan fuel stops using google. Supermarket fuel is the cheapest - Intermarche, Carrefor or Auchan mainly.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

Good info guys..

I didnt know there was a country option on the NAV. Will have a look at that tomorrow.

@Daytona,25 is a bit of a shock, im getting 29mpg on the commute.... But if you have just done a similar route then im taking your info as 100%.

How much is fuel in France at the moment ?
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

alpinaman wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:46 pm Good info guys..

I didnt know there was a country option on the NAV. Will have a look at that tomorrow.

@Daytona,25 is a bit of a shock, im getting 29mpg on the commute.... But if you have just done a similar route then im taking your info as 100%.

How much is fuel in France at the moment ?
We are paying 1 euro 45 ish at the moment.

You might get more than 25, you never know. I'm getting less :D

Oh and Sat Nav - i bought a Tomtom GO so i can route plan and upload it to the Nav

Mine is a 2013 though and the sat nav is awful.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

When we went down through England, France, Switzerland, Italy to Tuscany Last year I set each leg of the journey in order as favourites(?).
You just have to select them in order then - simples 🙂

And don’t forget to programme a stop in Reims on the way back, where the historic race track is now part of the public road.

https://www.amis-du-circuit-de-gueux.fr/-Accueil-
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
davidd

Post by davidd »

We've done a few runs in the v8 this year, generally, get around 30mpg over the whole trip. That's with a mix of hooning and sensible autoroute stuff.
Glaf

Post by Glaf »

I did a 1,700 mile round trip to Scotland and back earlier this year, mainly motorways and A roads and averaged 31-32mpg. ;)
V6 Coupe, 2015, white with black pack, panoramic roof, 20" black Cylones, red callipers. 8-)
TVR Griffith 4.3, 1992, owned for 5 wonderful years.
alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

Cheers guys ,

All good info.

@Lunar,yes Reims is definitely on the agenda,its a must i would say. I did visit there when i did a euro trip in 1990 in my RS 2000...lol..

BTW,i dont think mine has euro maps,i had a quick look this morning and i cant see where to swap maps on the Nav. Will have a proper read up and see if im missing anything.

Looks like 30Mpg average is achievable then ;)
Glaf

Post by Glaf »

I tend to use Waze navigation on my phone most of the time. Amongst other things it has speed camera warnings which I find very useful! i

It works in Spain, not sure about France as I haven’t tried it there yet...

Using it frequently does depend on your phones monthly data allowance.
V6 Coupe, 2015, white with black pack, panoramic roof, 20" black Cylones, red callipers. 8-)
TVR Griffith 4.3, 1992, owned for 5 wonderful years.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post