Bluetooth/CarPlay randomly stops working

Anything F-Type related......
Blueone

Post by Blueone »

Getting pretty fed up with the CarPlay/Bluetooth connection in the F-Type. Was working perfectly this evening and then suddenly, I can’t hear the other person. Happens all the time. They don’t come through the car or phone itself yet they can hear me perfectly. I’ve paid £65,000 for this car and I can’t even have a conversation in it without it cutting out and failing. What are Jaguar playing at?? A 10 year old poverty spec Fiesta would do a better job. So fed up of trying to figure out/justify why a brand new car is so crap!
MY20 F-Type P340

sebby1990

Post by sebby1990 »

Same issue as my 2013 - craps out for no reason. I've just learned to live with it, sometimes if I switch to another connected phone (e.g. the missus) and switch back, it'll force the car to reconnect.
Jaguar F-Type V8S, Mercedes-Benz ML63, Subaru Impreza WRX, Mini Cooper
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

What software version are you running?

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3279&hilit=19a4&start=10#p35281

Note 19B came out last week as well.

Have a look through the notes. There are lots of stability updates to Bluetooth and CarPlay etc. I bet your not running 19A4.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
NCC

Post by NCC »

If it helps, my RRS was doing the exact same thing. Have had numerous software updates (sometimes taking over a day to apply!) and I still have the same issues. It’s random, usually ok but *&€£ink annoying when it does happen trying to make an important call or approaching a junction using CarPlay sat nav.

I might mention it again when I next need anything else doing to the car but I’ve kind of lost the will now. Shame, as I love everything else about the car.

Good to see I’ll get to ‘enjoy’ the same issues when I pick my new F-type up next week! [emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MY2020 V6S RWD auto, Indus Silver, Pimento performance seats, Ebony suedecloth, Exterior carbon pack, Black 5039 alloys, Interior black pack, carbon console, heated steering wheel (vital!), climate pack, c/f dynamics, pointless ambient lighting!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

NCC wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:50 pm Good to see I’ll get to ‘enjoy’ the same issues when I pick my new F-type up next week! [emoji849]
Ask your dealer to update the software to 19B before you collect it. From reading the release notes 19B fixes everything with no known issues.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

I don't know what phones people are using but there have also been reports of problems with bluetooth and connectivity after the recent IOS 13 update on the iPhone.
https://www.xeforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8329
NCC

Post by NCC »

Yes, iPhone and various software patches to both the phone and car. I actually stopped updating my phone for few months to see if the JLR software could ‘catch up’. It didn’t. I do get how hard it must be for car manufacturers to make their systems 100% compatible with every phone/software level out there but it still doesn’t stop it being very frustrating.

I’ll definitely make sure the F-type has the latest software patch applied before I pick it up. Although, I’m hoping I don’t even notice the phone and CarPlay in my excitement 👍🙂
MY2020 V6S RWD auto, Indus Silver, Pimento performance seats, Ebony suedecloth, Exterior carbon pack, Black 5039 alloys, Interior black pack, carbon console, heated steering wheel (vital!), climate pack, c/f dynamics, pointless ambient lighting!
Blueone

Post by Blueone »

simpleR wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:50 am What software version are you running?

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3279&hilit=19a4&start=10#p35281

Note 19B came out last week as well.

Have a look through the notes. There are lots of stability updates to Bluetooth and CarPlay etc. I bet your not running 19A4.
Thanks simpleR. That’s really helpful. I went to upgrade the other day but I noticed there isn’t actually a SIM card in the car. I assumed it was there but looks like the dealer didn’t put it in. I need to give them a call. I also had a look to see if I could connect to my home WiFi but no luck.

As soon as I can get it connected, I’ll update and feedback here. Hopefully it will solve the issue. Although I am on iOS 13 now so maybe that will cause additional issues they haven’t patched out yet.
MY20 F-Type P340

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post