Stolen yesterday

Anything F-Type related......
M@r]{

Post by M@r]{ »

Maybe worth asking your insurance company if they'd at least subsidise the cost of a better rental?
=========================
MY2019 Mclaren 720s Performance
MY2006 Lotus Exige "GT3"
MY2008 Westfield Megablade Track Car
MY2012 VW Camper (the family getaway / track car tow vehicle)
MY2013 Range Rover Evoque (the missus car)

NCC

Post by NCC »

The replacement car available for you is just another one of those really annoying insurance company things. It’s always the same to be honest. You can get some great policies but they cost a fortune. Very much a case of getting what you pay for. Although I don’t blame anyone for shopping around to get the lowest price. It’s a considerable expense for something you’re unlikely to ever use. I have an all singing, all dancing top of the range policy and recently had cause to think about making a claim. I didn’t. Just wasn’t worth it in the long run.

The good thing is that you’ve got the car back. I’m sure a repair will be in place ASAP and you’ll be out driving it again very soon [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MY2020 V6S RWD auto, Indus Silver, Pimento performance seats, Ebony suedecloth, Exterior carbon pack, Black 5039 alloys, Interior black pack, carbon console, heated steering wheel (vital!), climate pack, c/f dynamics, pointless ambient lighting!
alanva

Post by alanva »

I'm with Admiral as well ; one can pay extra to get a more upmarket "courtesy " car.
2014 V6 Coupe. Salsa Red, Black full leather, glass roof, 19" alloys, switchable exhaust, reverse camera, black tyres, glass windows. NOW SOLD!
2011 Infiniti fx 50 SUV 5.0 V8
2008 Mercedes C230 2.5 V6
2006 BMW X5 Sport 4.4 V8
chastt

Post by chastt »

alanva wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:42 pm I'm with Admiral as well ; one can pay extra to get a more upmarket "courtesy " car.
I didn't know that, I'll look out for the option at renewal time, thanks.
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

My car is keyless entry, as was my previous one. In terms of repeaters that thieves use how far from the key do these things work? I ask because in Australia our houses and land are generally bigger than the average UK double story hone and my let’s sit 20 or more metres from my car at night.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Brendub

Post by Brendub »

Really sorry to hear it was stolen and glad you got it back Hammers.
2017 380 bhp V6S Corris Grey Coupe. Black 19inch propeller wheels and pano roof :D :D :D
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Mine wasn’t stolen, I’m just asking how far the repeaters thieves are using work.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Brendub

Post by Brendub »

Sorry Hammers. Should have said Chastt.
2017 380 bhp V6S Corris Grey Coupe. Black 19inch propeller wheels and pano roof :D :D :D
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

Ftypeharv wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:43 pm
PhilB wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:34 pm There was quite a significant change in the security of JLR cars around 2015.
From then onwards the car has two keys and a thing called a KVM or keyless vehicle module located in the car.
These are programmed once only to talk to each other.
They cannot be re-programmed nor can additional keys be added.
There have been quite a few posts about this and the problems if you lose a key.
It involves replacing both the keys and installing a new KVM.
This rendered the theft method of going into the OBD port and programming a new key obsolete.
Obviously some F-Types were about before these changes so in those cases an OBD port protection device could be a good idea.
Personally a few pounds of pig iron in the form of a disklok tends to prevent theft as a belt and braces type thing.
:D
It’s been beaten

Just a recent example for you
Interesting. Time to go unplug and move the OBD port somewhere into the dash :D
CPBLondon

Post by CPBLondon »

My car was stolen this morning in exactly the same way. Smashed window and then clearly driven away without keys. With the above comments it indicates the thief would have had a box to navigate the security system- so this is unlikely to be a joyrider type theft? My car is a 2016 F Type S so not sure how they defeated the security to start the car. Hoping this is not a new trend ....
F Type S 380
Polaris White
Red interior/pan roof
Black pack
drive the dream !