Headlining

Anything F-Type related......
Andrew Storer

Post by Andrew Storer »

I have just taken delivery of my new P340 convertible. Part of the spec I asked for on this car was the Ivory leather headlining pack. The car has arrived with the windscreen surround in Ivory leather but the hood lining in Ebony Morzine. I have been assured by the dealer that this is the only option available in the convertible. Does any one else out there have a new convertible with a light headlining?

Andrew.

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

If you PM me your reg I will have a look at your build and options. As you cannot PM yet I've sent you one which you can reply too.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Andrew Storer

Post by Andrew Storer »

Hi,

My reg is Y40 AJS.

Regards,

Andrew.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

A MY20 manual! Very rare.

TopiX isn't playing nicely and won't even tell me what colour your car is LOL as it wasn't recorded.

The choice on roof colours is black, red, beige or grey. I'm slightly confused to be honest on your original message but I presume you went beige then?

TopiX says your car has IVORY HEADLINER which is the brochure option of "Ivory Leather (Windsor Leather Headlining Pack)" which is the surround around the window. Pic below.

Screenshot_20191010_234929_com.android.chrome.jpg

The only reference to "ebony" on the build sheet is the stitching on the doors and instrument panel.

Does that answer the query? If not a picture might help us.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Andrew Storer

Post by Andrew Storer »

Headlining in my view should describe the inside finish to the hood or roof panel. However it appears that JLR are in fact intending this to mean the finish to the window surround. Thank you for your reply.

Regards,

Andrew.
NCC

Post by NCC »

Andrew Storer wrote:Headlining in my view should describe the inside finish to the hood or roof panel. However it appears that JLR are in fact intending this to mean the finish to the window surround. Thank you for your reply.

Regards,

Andrew.
I queried this when I was choosing options on my convertible. I couldn’t agree more with you but you’re also right in saying JLR have a strange, somewhat minimalist view of what constitutes a ‘headlining’! Thankfully I picked up on this prior to ordering, as it would have made a difference to my interior choices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MY2020 V6S RWD auto, Indus Silver, Pimento performance seats, Ebony suedecloth, Exterior carbon pack, Black 5039 alloys, Interior black pack, carbon console, heated steering wheel (vital!), climate pack, c/f dynamics, pointless ambient lighting!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post