F-Type R AWD Service schedule

Anything F-Type related......
Cuppacoffee

Post by Cuppacoffee »

Hello all.
I've been lurking in the background and reading articles intently on the run up to a F-Type R purchase, and ending up buying from a main dealer not so long ago

The car pretty much ticked all the boxes, but a question was raised over the service history.
Naturally i assumed that there should be a service every year, since new, and that was necessary, even if it was to just change the oil and filter.

However with this car it was missing service intervals (when checking online). It was mentioned by the sales team, prior to purchase, that the previous Jaguar garages may not have uploaded them to the "system", but the main dealer that i bought from mentioned that this wasn't an issue and that they can request the servicing garage to upload. The car was bought on the premise that the car has a FSH.

It's been a little while and there is still no upload, and I've now raised this with them. I've been informed that the car would have had a FSH, otherwise Jaguar wouldn't have sold it through the main dealers or given a warranty. But something still doesn't sit right with me, and if i wanted to sell it later on down the line, people are going to ask if it has a FSH, which i cannot prove.

So, does a F-Type R need to be serviced once a year? The car had 19K on the clock when i bought it, so it's 3k miles over the maximum 16k interval, but that aside, i was under the impression that the car needed a service every year at a minimum (to obtain a FSH record).

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi and welcome,

Every year or 16,000 miles. Lots of used approved have late or missing service history which even though it should have a FJSH doesn't seem to stop a car being "used approved".

Sounds like it could be an "O" reg car?
If you want a history check then PM the reg. However as you've already purchased it, that is up to you.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Cuppacoffee

Post by Cuppacoffee »

Not an "O" reg car, but i do know about them.
One that i went to see, before i knew about them, was used as a hire car before before going back to Jaguar.
When i saw the hire company on the V5 form, i walked away.

Thank you for the information.
Cuppacoffee

Post by Cuppacoffee »

On a different note, how different is your check on the service history, compared to what i can see?
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

No difference in service history between what you and I can see.

I can convert reg to VIN (and sometimes VIN to reg) so you can see service history without having to visit or call to get a VIN.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Cuppacoffee

Post by Cuppacoffee »

Oh ok, i have the VIN already, and online i can see the service history. It's missing the two previous.
chicb

Post by chicb »

I am sure its every year or 16000 miles, BUT, its whatever comes soonest. My car which is going in next week for a service has only done around 200 miles since the last service & I am getting the service in 500 miles message, so that makes it an annual service.
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
Tel

Post by Tel »

Irrespective of whether it has, or hasn't been serviced (it's hard to prove that it has) and subsequent buyers may have the same hesitancy that you are- If you feel it's not sitting right with you, then forget it.

There's a lot to be said about a 'gut' feeling, Iv'e often wished I'd listened to my instincts more...I've learnt now though!

There will be plenty more up for sale.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

If you read his 1st few lines it says he has already bought the car.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
Tel

Post by Tel »

steviegtr wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:20 pm If you read his 1st few lines it says he has already bought the car.
That'll teach me to reply bleary eyed on a Sunday morning!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩