Dealer Margins - Used Vehicles

Anything F-Type related......
Chamon_lee

Post by Chamon_lee »

JohnG123 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:57 pm Traded in my Firesand orange 5.0 R awd last month dealer give me £40k car now for sale for £46K ....
I think this goes to show that the prices you see on trade sites are not far off the truth. Looking at the usual suspects such as WBAC they give you a trade bid of 39-41k for a 16/17 plate R Vert. All F type R Verts are 49k+ on jag site!
just nuts!

scm

Post by scm »

Why is it nuts? Those flashy premises and free coffees don't buy themselves .... ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Fez

Post by Fez »

A car value is decided by what someone is prepared to pay. Money talks though and be prepared to leave your offer on the table. The other option is buy a future classic (400 sport awd) then keep for 25 to 30yrs and you might get back what you paid. Those horrible yellow badges are what make all the difference according to the future classic press. Mines a keeper.......
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
jono_h

Post by jono_h »

It seems to be a real mixed bag at the moment. There’s a lot of cars on Autotrader that have been there a long time. A car I test drove in September at £46k is still available, and I was offered it for £40k a fortnight ago.

I tried to do a deal on a 5.0S 2 weeks back. It had been listed at the end of October for £36.5k, reduced to £35.5k and the dealer offered it for £34.5k to get me up for a test drive. I offered £33.5k, which was rejected, but left me offer on the table. Since I went up they’ve knocked another £500 off. I wonder if they’ll eventually accept my offer!

That said there’s a Firesand 5.0S that’s just been listed, with all the options, that I think will get snapped up.
stickshift steve

Post by stickshift steve »

Some of the Jag dealer prices are better than non franchised garages at the moment .

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post