MY2020 Recall. Failed Static Noise.

Anything F-Type related......
Blueone

Post by Blueone »

What does this mean? Is it to do with noise or emissions? I know there was an issue back in March but thought it only applied to the 4cyl... Are they going to quieten down an already quietened down car?

B245FBE1-1B1E-4B35-AF31-FFF89AFD6331.jpeg

MY20 F-Type P340

johnsoncp

Post by johnsoncp »

Very sad. Why don't they start by making mopeds quiet?
2019 White P300 Coupe
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

If that was me, I don't think I'd be taking mine in, in a hurry..
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
Tel

Post by Tel »

Yes, and restrictions will get tighter and tighter until we all drive sewing machines!

You are not obliged to have the work done if you do not wish to. It is not an enforceable safety product recall, only an invitation to have the work done to.
If you do eventually 'fold' and have ti done. you can always pull the fuse to keep the exhaust flaps open anyway!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
scm

Post by scm »

Static noise refers to volume when stationary, surely? Shouldn't make any difference when moving and in the upper rev range.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Blueone

Post by Blueone »

I don’t think I’ll be taking it in but I imagine it will be done whether I like it or not at the next service. What a shame. From reports on here, the sound is already down on previous models so this makes it even more of a disappointment. Growing more fed up of this car by the day!
MY20 F-Type P340
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

Blueone wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:53 pm I don’t think I’ll be taking it in but I imagine it will be done whether I like it or not at the next service. What a shame. From reports on here, the sound is already down on previous models so this makes it even more of a disappointment. Growing more fed up of this car by the day!
It should be listed on the job sheet when you take the car in for it's next service (if you haven't made a special trip to have it done).
At this point tell them you don't want it done and put a line through it on the sheet.
(Did this myself with campaign H136 and no issues.)
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe
Blueone

Post by Blueone »

Derivative wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:20 pm
Blueone wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:53 pm I don’t think I’ll be taking it in but I imagine it will be done whether I like it or not at the next service. What a shame. From reports on here, the sound is already down on previous models so this makes it even more of a disappointment. Growing more fed up of this car by the day!
It should be listed on the job sheet when you take the car in for it's next service (if you haven't made a special trip to have it done).
At this point tell them you don't want it done and put a line through it on the sheet.
(Did this myself with campaign H136 and no issues.)
Good info, thanks!
MY20 F-Type P340
falkenhayn

Post by falkenhayn »

I don't get it, the V6 is pretty quiet and smooth on idle anyway (even with the fuse pulled) so why do they want to reduce the noise even further...Before some days I heard a Lambo Urus on idle with valves open and it's insane how loud it is even with an OPF fitted.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

It doesn't say at idle it says static.

I assume they check noise at various rpm with the car stationary (static) so no drive by noise from turbulence / tyres / etc. to argue over.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post