This is not right.

Anything F-Type related......
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

From a quick Google. It is illegal to sell a car that has been clocked but it is not illegal to sell a clocking device or change the mileage on a car.

There was a proposal to make it illegal in May 2018 but it hasn't come into force yet.

Reported it as well anyway but don't expect eBay to do anything. I am personally more worried about large online selling sites such as autotrader allowing individuals to sell cars as HPI clear and no previous damaged etc when actually they are written off cars.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black

steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

simpleR wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:27 am From a quick Google. It is illegal to sell a car that has been clocked but it is not illegal to sell a clocking device or change the mileage on a car.

There was a proposal to make it illegal in May 2018 but it hasn't come into force yet.

Reported it as well anyway but don't expect eBay to do anything. I am personally more worried about large online selling sites such as autotrader allowing individuals to sell cars as HPI clear and no previous damaged etc when actually they are written off cars.
Yes but at least you can do a HPI check on a vehicle. Remember one of my old bosses. When he got a new car he would at regular intervals unclip the speedo cable. Every 3 years he would sell his super low mileage car to some poor sod.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

steviegtr wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:12 pm
simpleR wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:27 am I am personally more worried about large online selling sites such as autotrader allowing individuals to sell cars as HPI clear and no previous damaged etc when actually they are written off cars.
Yes but at least you can do a HPI check on a vehicle. Remember one of my old bosses. When he got a new car he would at regular intervals unclip the speedo cable. Every 3 years he would sell his super low mileage car to some poor sod.
Yes, but autotrader allows you to say it has been HPI checked and all clean when in actual fact the car was previously a write off. Someone was selling a white F-type as all fantastic and great. It was actually a write off in EIRE and imported, the mileage lost 10,000 miles and it was previously grey and resprayed white when it was repaired. The advert mentioned none of this LOL!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

oops
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I disagree with selling devices like this that can totally cheat and defraud. This seems the sole purpose here

Interestingly I have a good legitimate example of 'rectification' as it's often marketed.

My daughter had a 1 series BMW and from time to time the mileage would jump back in varying amounts, typically 100, 500 or 5000 miles. First time caused a major argument when the car went in for warranty work and came out lower mileage. I photographed it as the car was being left for 1 week with an aftermarket dealer. On challenging the mileage drop the dealer said I was a liar and got pretty excited by it all. No worries as it was only 100 miles so we parted
It was the source of some amusement at home to have a self clocking car. BMW serviced it and could not explain. 1 year she ended on lower mileage than the prior MOT..

Around the time of the proposed law she considered one of the many 'mileage rectification' companies to increase it by the known losses before selling, but as a lawyer decided against it.
Car was traded in at We buy to get rid and they accepted that we considered it clocked. Lost some money and the next guy now gets a low mileage car

You could not write a more crazy story, but perfectly true
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more