Post purchase infotainment upgrade?

Anything F-Type related......
PBV6

Post by PBV6 »

Evening

Has anyone had the infotainment upgrade retrospectively done by Jaguar? I read that Jaguar was offering all applicable customers (18 plate with touch pro) a complimentary upgrade. I rang my local dealer in Huddersfield who said there was a £200 charge!!!

Has anyone else had this done? Was it free? Is it worth it for the price? I had apple car play in my A5 and loved it!!

Cheers
Patrick
2018 Jaguar F Type R-Dynamic P340
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire

devbrodie

Post by devbrodie »

Rybrook jag in Huddersfield are really good. I bought my XF Sportbrake from them, and my F-type.

Go back and show them this...https://www.jaguar.co.uk/owners/softwar ... grade.html
MY18 - F-Type 3L V6 R-dynamic AWD
Black Pack
Driver Pack
Winter Pack
Performance Seats
Meridian Surround Sound
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

Yes my MY18 was upgraded to 19B FOC by Guy Salmon in Bristol.
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Yes you can get the updates for free. MY18 cars originally shipped with software 18C. Since then we have had 19A1 to 19A4 and we have just moved onto 19B.

A full list of updates is here - viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3279&start=30#p36359

If your dealer still wants to charge then read the notes and say you have one of the issues resolved in a later release and they will have to do it for free under warranty.

However...... MY18 with Touch Pro with the buttons on the side cannot run Apple Car Play or Android Auto because the SmartPhone Pack required was not available at the time. That might be the £200 charge they are referencing maybe. I am still having the "conversation" about this with Jaguar and have yet to receive a suitable reply to update the original topic above.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Parry_99

Post by Parry_99 »

I have a 68 plate F-Type and my local dealer said it is not possible to upgrade cars with the smaller screen and buttons on either side. Only the widescreen systems can be upgraded with CarPlay. Such a shame!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post