tyre pressures

Anything F-Type related......
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

dbv6s wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:17 pm Probably wouldn’t advise 43 psi... Don’t the P zeros say on them not to exceed 40psi?
Nope... 51psi :mrgreen:

https://tirepressure.com/pirelli-p-zero-tire-pressure
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Just to add to comments on pressure. I believe a tyre with wrong pressure to manufacture spec is an offence in the UK
Regulation 27 Section B
Law a bit vague but seems around 3psi is a safe margin for law (not safety, performance etc.)
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Evolucion

Post by Evolucion »

The issue is, the stated pressure ratings are COLD. when they warm up to temperature, at 3 bar, they will increase slightly, but not hugely due to the stiffer sidewalls removing the play and hence the frictional thermal expansion.

Interesting though, i have always tuned my tyre pressures on feel of the car, grip, noise, tramlining etc, and when they are set correct for driving enthusiastically shall we say, the wear patterns are never what you would expect. Given the fact that we have these cars as weekend toys, and hopefully use them to the best of our 'legal' abilities, then tuning the tyre pressures to aid the enjoyment is surely the right thing to do. If we're bothered about how many miles they'll last or wear patterns, buy another P-Zero for the car....

Until then, use the car for fun, but tune your tyres to the optimum to give you that enjoyment. i'll report back after this weekend's lowering of pressure......
scm

Post by scm »

Evolucion wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:03 pmGiven the fact that we have these cars as weekend toys ...
It's not a fact that I know, mine's my daily driver. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 2510

Post by Deleted User 2510 »

dbv6s wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:16 am I have the P4S’s from Costco as well, running 36 Psi all round
Dumb question out of interest relating to the Michelin's. Do you need to specify Jaguar version of the P4S's from Costco (or any other supplier) or do you just go with generic version?
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

NJC wrote:
dbv6s wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:16 am I have the P4S’s from Costco as well, running 36 Psi all round
Dumb question out of interest relating to the Michelin's. Do you need to specify Jaguar version of the P4S's from Costco (or any other supplier) or do you just go with generic version?

I didn’t specify Jag, but they knew which car they were going on
scm

Post by scm »

Does Michelin actually make a Jag-specific version?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
SWC

Post by SWC »

Mine is a daily drive and used in all weathers and I tend to run tire pressures closer to high speed recommended pressures in Summer and closer to the comfort recommended tire pressure of 37psi (but never below) during Winter.

Tyre pressures naturally drop in cold weather, I think the ratio is for every 5c drop in temperature a typical tyre will lose 1 psi or there about.
F-Type Coupe P300 - British Racing Green
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

I would be careful changing the manufacturers pressures too much as in a crash it's an insurance Co get out .
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
Davidb

Post by Davidb »

I believe Costco fill tyres with Nitrogen so the pressures should stay at whatever they are set at.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post