V6 remapping

Anything F-Type related......
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

kaspa wrote:STOCK V6 BASE = 340BHP ----) TUNED 453BHP
STOCK V6S = 380BHP ----) TUNED 453BHP
TUNED = 436ft/lbs

Just to confirm, figures above are for the pulley and remap (very different to a tuning box)

Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Kaspa, sorry didnt realise i had to be polite or diplomatic when some one comes on here and talks bull i'll always call them out, also as dbv6s has said, its a pulley and tune thats gets 440ish not just a tune.
Also its funny that wole0911 hasnt responded yet .
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp
Wole0911

Post by Wole0911 »

Not really intrested in key board warrior stuff car now goes a lot better with tuning box & pedal box gizzmo so get a life m8 .. lol 👍🤣
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Let's step away from the keyboard on this one before it ends up in the bin.
Thanks..
Deleted User 2483

Post by Deleted User 2483 »

I recently had a stage 1 tune by Quantum in Isle of Sheppey. Without Dyno confirmation it is supposed to give 402bhp and another 25nm torque. I have to say the car feels sharper with better throttle response. So I can say i am satisfied with a £250 outlay. Really interested in the pulley change and tune though, any body had that done from the guys in Essex ?
captain_28

Post by captain_28 »

Stevepax wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:59 am I recently had a stage 1 tune by Quantum in Isle of Sheppey. Without Dyno confirmation it is supposed to give 402bhp and another 25nm torque. I have to say the car feels sharper with better throttle response. So I can say i am satisfied with a £250 outlay. Really interested in the pulley change and tune though, any body had that done from the guys in Essex ?
Hi Steve, do you live on the Isle of Sheppey? As that is where I am living currently (Eastchurch), I've only recently got back into a F-Type having picked up my SVR last Saturday, but have used Quantum in the past for other cars I have had before.
alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

Well i had it done...

No dyno figures,but the map was 400bhp and extra 50 Nm of torque.

You can tell it pulls much harder in the mid range and is quicker at the top end.

Downside is the car spins up the wheels much easier,consequently the traction chirps in quicker.Apart from that the car is pretty quick now,happy enough with it.
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

No denying a remap will increase Power, I think people get caught up with quoting figures though which without a before and after Rolling road print out are impossible to back up

I’m not saying it can’t be done, but I’d be dubious about hitting 440bhp for example with a generic tuning box

Either way, if you’ve spent the money on it and are happy that it’s an improvement then that’s the main thing

450 is proven for the V6’s from the pulley and remap, this is what I’d go for (and probably will by the summer)
Deleted User 2483

Post by Deleted User 2483 »

captain_28 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:58 am
Stevepax wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:59 am I recently had a stage 1 tune by Quantum in Isle of Sheppey. Without Dyno confirmation it is supposed to give 402bhp and another 25nm torque. I have to say the car feels sharper with better throttle response. So I can say i am satisfied with a £250 outlay. Really interested in the pulley change and tune though, any body had that done from the guys in Essex ?
Hi Steve, do you live on the Isle of Sheppey? As that is where I am living currently (Eastchurch), I've only recently got back into a F-Type having picked up my SVR last Saturday, but have used Quantum in the past for other cars I have had before.
No I live in margate, the guy that tuned it lived in Sheppy. We had a secret meeting at the BP garage.
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Sorry but my two penneth. The 440 to 450 claims for the V6 is maybe a little apprehensive to say the least. Maybe it is possible. Let's pull back a bit & look at the V8 which I have, not that has anything to do with it. But there is one out there running 703 BHP. Rolling road proved. The Company that do the conversion is ARDEN. They take the stock engine & fit forged pistons with fully floating con rods, a balanced crankshaft. They run the Eaton supercharger at it's full capacity of (not sure) 14,000 rpm. They change the complete exhaust system & maybe wrong but believe a Cat delete. They then change the complete engine map, which involves the ignition timing, fuel delivery rate, fuel time delivery, boost points etc, all this costs an arm & a leg. So believe what you will of the figures that are quoted for a simple chip box. A word of warning of a chip boxes is that it could improve performance but unless done on a rolling road it could have points where the fuel is weak or timing too far advanced that it could cause detonation & hole a piston or 2. Be warned. Give it a fistful from the lights & smile but do a trackday on long runs, at your peril. Is anyone going to argue this.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.