White Blotches on Carbon Fibre Roof

Anything F-Type related......
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Either way Jaguar watch this forum. Believe me. You will get a positive outcome to this. They would not want bad publicity on something like this. You may even get a meal for 2 & a free umbrella.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.

Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Update - new roof approved and on order and i misheard about structural damage - said they would not do the job if they thought any damage would be done.

They did try rubbing down the roof and thought that the damage was now into the CF weave and beyond repair so new roof needed.

might be ready for next week if new roof arrives in time.
scm

Post by scm »

Good news!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Great stuff
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

as of today - 21/02/2020 - the new roof is still on back order with supplier (jaguar i imagine)

dealership rang today and said still no firm date for delivery of roof

that's 3 weeks since car went in and two weeks since roof ordered - wondering now if to drop an e-mail to jaguar customer services and escalate

can't blame dealership now but imagine i am not top of the pile if a new roof has to be made from scratch - especially if it is unique to the SVR and they don't even make the cars anymore
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

If the dealership has rang you to give you an update then I’d say that’s good customer service and don’t see the need to escalate

Are you driving the car now or do the dealership have it?
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Dealership still have it. I did escalate to jaguar customer experience - it isn't the dealership - they are doing a good job - it's jag themselves who now have the order to provide a new CF roof. My concern was that it could be on back order for weeks with Jaguar - they have to manufacture one from scratch by the sounds of it. Anyway Jag customer experience are escalating now.
chicb

Post by chicb »

Why can't they give you it back until the roof is available. Surely they have not removed the roof before receiving the replacement in. If they have which is unbelievable then they should give you a car in the meantime
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

To be fair they offered it back and i declined for the time being on the basis that if it was only a week or so then may as well keep it and do the job - i haven't asked but they may have rubbed down the CF roof to see if it was repairable with a re-laquer - i think that's when the body shop decided it was terminal and new roof needed.

i am also having 3rd year service and first MOT done at same time then (hopefully) already for the spring :-)

i
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Well it's been a fairly long drawn out process but new CF roof arrived Friday and at last work has started on fitting. I can expect the car back later this week (subject to a service and first MOT being completed as well)

Been a month and a week now so really looking forward to getting the car back - just in time for a bit of nicer weather...

and at least warranty did it's job!

interestingly i noticed that a CF roof is not an offering on the new model range! unless i missed it on the configurator.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post