White Blotches on Carbon Fibre Roof

Anything F-Type related......
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

Totally agree with dbv6s, I would add that I’d phone and go in with an appointment to see the service manager, if you pop in on the off chance you might not get it sorted as quickly as you’d like...

I hope it goes well, would you please keep us updated...
2016 V8 R AWD Coupe Italian Racing Red, Black Alloys & Pano Roof

Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

So - I Called yesterday and after leaving a message was e-mailed back by service assistant saying they should have some "better news" for me by end of week.
chicb

Post by chicb »

Any news would be better news by the sound of things :lol: They think if they ignore you will go away. Unfortunately confrontation is the only way to get things done. Emails are a waste of time, same with phone calls. They are always in a meeting, with a client, just popped out etc.
On a similar vein, I had a query with a new dashcam, so emailed the manufacturer, in China on Sunday & by 8am Monday they had replied to all my queries. Top class service, that's how it should be done
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Informed today repair has been authorised - they need car for a week - did not say if new roof or repair and re-lacquer

to be fair as long as roof is returned as per mfg spec with no flaws then i don't really mind how the repair is completed
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Good result in the end then [emoji106]
Push for a hire car?
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

booked for 3rd Feb - car in for whole week and being picked up from my house by dealership
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

So update

Car went in as planned on 3rd February. Today i had a call from dealership. Body shop have realized that this is more than just a rub down of lacquer and re-lacquer and that a new roof will be needed.

Apparently the re-lacquer was within dealership approval limits but a new roof now requires authorization from Jaguar so a report has gone off too Jaguar for approval. Up shot is car will be at dealership a lot longer than a week now.

OK so far - now the bit that worried me - and i may have misheard this bit on the phone call.

The telephonist said that the body shop said the front screen and rear screen panels would have to come out to do the job and they had concern it may damage the structure of the car taking old roof off????!!!

maybe i misheard but i will call back once approval is given and ask if i heard correctly.
Last edited by Backofthenet on Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

They sound like they dont know what they are talking about, the roof is only bonded in.
Pretty sure someone, maybe on the american forum fitted one to his coupe.
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Like Tim said the roof is just bonded in, you can get wire between and ‘saw’ around the roof Pulling it out.

Fitted very much like a windscreen

A friend replaced his coupe hard top with a pan roof, nervous cutting into your own roof but it went well and looks like factory fitted
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Thanks both,

like i said i may have misheard (was on hands free in car) so when i get the call back on update i'll question the comments

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post