New F-Type Reveal on Monday

Anything F-Type related......
Blueone

Post by Blueone »

New F-Type to be revealed on Monday. To be honest, I’m quite disappointed that I spent out on a brand new car that will be out of date within a few months... A facelift as dramatic as this will date our cars quite quickly. Any other thoughts? If I’d known I’d have waited a year!
MY20 F-Type P340

vika01

Post by vika01 »

The front lights kind of look better to me but the bumper, I don’t know. Too much XE influence. I don’t like the rear more than the current one. I feel like I am not getting that exotic sports car feeling when I see that front. Maybe because so many cars today have horizontal lights. But for sure it doesn’t look bad at all.

809BBD98-4FED-4AF7-BF03-2C1E8227794F.jpeg

837B514D-3737-4F47-A1EE-100B99F848F3.jpeg

2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I posted the teaser video and a picture of the actual car the other day.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3623&start=40#p37856
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

As with most car designs, the original is nearly always the best, take the E Type from S1 through to the S3.
The purity of the F Type design when it was released in 2013 is far nicer than this bland redesign, IMHO.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
scm

Post by scm »

Blueone wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:06 pm New F-Type to be revealed on Monday. To be honest, I’m quite disappointed that I spent out on a brand new car that will be out of date within a few months... A facelift as dramatic as this will date our cars quite quickly. Any other thoughts? If I’d known I’d have waited a year!
Using that logic you'd never have bought one - there's always something "better" on the horizon. Just content yourself with the knowledge that you're driving one of the best looking cars on the road. And you'll probably be glad you've got a supercharged V6 as I believe the new model will be using a straight six engine. And don't get me started on the decision to put a ghastly BMW lump into the V8 in the future - I'll be hanging on to mine however old it gets! :(
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Where’s the number plate going to go?
NCC

Post by NCC »

I know what you mean OP but to be honest, I’m in the camp that says we’d never buy if we were always waiting for the next ‘improvement’. I’ve done that before and regretted it.

I love the design, drive and generally everything about my now 2 month old V6S. I suspect the new car will look great too but take a little time to become as popular. Let’s be honest too, all F-Types are pretty rare on the roads, so we’ll still be getting all the drama. Will it devalue our cars? Possibly but I intend keeping mine for quite a while, so I’m not massively concerned about that.

I’d say enjoy your car as it is and do t worry about anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MY2020 V6S RWD auto, Indus Silver, Pimento performance seats, Ebony suedecloth, Exterior carbon pack, Black 5039 alloys, Interior black pack, carbon console, heated steering wheel (vital!), climate pack, c/f dynamics, pointless ambient lighting!
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

The existing F Type is a work of art. I’m very happy with the design and will continue to enjoy it.

I think it’s more that in time it will become a classic rather than outdated.
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Blueone wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:06 pm New F-Type to be revealed on Monday. To be honest, I’m quite disappointed that I spent out on a brand new car that will be out of date within a few months... A facelift as dramatic as this will date our cars quite quickly. Any other thoughts? If I’d known I’d have waited a year!
I knew and still bought the current model, it has a beauty that modern angular designs will not have!
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

I mentioned this on a separate thread but I'm really curious as to whether the new F-Type V8 will be noticeably quieter.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post