Twitchy Back End

Anything F-Type related......
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

Same problem in the 4 cylinder...and apparently that only has 'half' an engine :shock:
2018 2.0 R Dynamic in Carpathian Grey
Exterior black pack, Pano roof, 20" Gyrodynes and other bits and bobs ....

scm

Post by scm »

JFT2016 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:18 pm... the whole point of the Jaguar ethos of providing affordable sports car ownership is lost (list prices for V8 AWD is ~£90-100k.) At this price you're in Aston/Ferrari territory surely?
Aston/Ferrari territory only if you're looking at buying used, and the eye-watering servicing costs. Jags are "normal" cars to maintain, IME.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
NCC

Post by NCC »

Derivative wrote:Mine's all over the place at the moment with greasy, salted, damp, leaf covered, muddy roads. Needs a good downpour to wash that lot away.
This + summer tyres + RWD = a challenge!

My 380 is the same. TBH and coming from a background of TVR’s, I expected nothing different. Looking forward to spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MY2020 V6S RWD auto, Indus Silver, Pimento performance seats, Ebony suedecloth, Exterior carbon pack, Black 5039 alloys, Interior black pack, carbon console, heated steering wheel (vital!), climate pack, c/f dynamics, pointless ambient lighting!
Blueone

Post by Blueone »

Thanks all. My car is having a coating applied at the moment but when I get it back I’m going to sort the tyre pressures and see how it is on the way home. May also have to accept the tyres just aren’t good in the cold.

Is it possible to store winter/summer tyres for half the year and alternate between them without them deteriorating? If so what’s the best way to store them?
MY20 F-Type P340
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

You can certainly alternate and store. Will last years
Reality doesn’t matter but in the dark and somewhere safe from damage.
Can stand upright or stack
No need to change pressures as off the car
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
PussCat

Post by PussCat »

To put Mich PS4S tyres on 19" wheels requires a slight compromise in tyre sizes.

So I replaced my P zeros with Mich PS4 tyres (not the esses).

Well happy. But they still require a lot of care when the yellow snowflake is showing on the dash. Especially if it is mildly moist, or moister.
VROOOOM! (Pockle Pockle Pockle) MY17 V6S coupe in BRG.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

I have 19” Propeller wheels and I’m running Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tyres (275/35ZR19) on the rear and Michelin Pilot Sport 4 (245/40ZR19) on the front of my V6 S 380PS (RWD). The reason for the slight difference is that Michelin don't make a 245/40ZR19 PS4S for the fronts.

I’ve had no problems with the back end snaking under medium to hard acceleration but I have yet to see the yellow snowflake showing on the dash!

I’m happy with these Michelin tyres which are also the choice of many F-Type owners.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
JFT2016

Post by JFT2016 »

Agree it seems as if THE most important issue for RWD Ftype ownership is tyre choice, and whatever Jaguar supply as standard is the wrong choice. Maybe they should allow tyre choice to feature on the configurator..
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Even better if Jaguar supplied the Michelin PS4S / PS4 as standard?

If so, I doubt we would hear many of these tyre issues!
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

It's not just the tyres. My AWD will cut in traction control if I'm going for it in the wet. RWD V8 owners have to be more cautious even on Michelins.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post