PZero Alternative

Anything F-Type related......
gkeevash

Post by gkeevash »

Hi All

Cars just been in for its second service, only done 12500 miles and I was advised that all four tyres will need replacing soon that's pretty quick wear compared to my XKR running DUNLOP SP SPORT MAXX.

So quick question....

Is there an alternative to the standard PZeros?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards
Gazza
2018MY, F-Type 400 Sport Convertible RWD, Black
2010 XKR 5.0 Convertible
2006 XK 4.2
2001 Nissan Skyline R33 Twin Turbo
1996 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Go for the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tyres......they're far better than the PZeros.

Many F-Type owners chose them for their outstanding qualities i.e superb grip, durability and kerb protection.

I have 19" wheels and I'm running Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tyres on the rear and Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on the front. The reason for the slight difference is that Michelin don't make a PS4S for the 19" front.

If I had 20" wheels I would have put the PS4S all around.

A very good website to order car tyres is blackcircles.com.......you can either have the tyres delivered to you or to a tyre fitting garage near you where the price you pay online includes fitting and balancing.

Hope this helps ;)

https://www.blackcircles.com/
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

I went with the Michelin’s, no one came close to the price Costco were offering;
£670 for all 4 (20” wheels)
scm

Post by scm »

gkeevash wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:07 am... I was advised that all four tyres will need replacing soon that's pretty quick wear compared to my XKR running DUNLOP SP SPORT MAXX.
I've never got more than 10,000 miles out of tyres on any of the three previous Jaguars I've owned (XK8, 4.2 XKR and 5.0 XKR). Pirellis and Sport Maxx. If I'd got 12,500 miles I'd think that was exceptionally good mileage! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Rogere

Post by Rogere »

Just swapped all 4 on my SVR for Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.
The past few days running around the MWay network in swamp like conditions have been a revelation.
Quieter, more comfortable and awe inspiring grip and water clearance.

They are probably pretty good in the dry.....but that’s a month or two off yet!

Roger
2016 F Type SVR. Firesand. A riot of black and orange!
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Well I argued with others on here saying I thought the Pirelli tyres were as good as any others. I personally have had no problems with Pirelli tyres, but have AWD. Seems from all the posts about tyres I was wrong & most are singing the praises of the Michelin pilot sport 4s. I must admit I have just recently had Pilot road 5 tyres fitted to my motorcycle & they are very good.
Last edited by steviegtr on Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
eltsac

Post by eltsac »

Hi,
My 2015 3.0 AWD coupe has 20" rears, and one of them is nearing change.
Currently it has Pirelli p zero's on all four.
Excuse my ignorant questions here:
1). as AWD, should both rears be changed together to ensure closeness in performance? (the other is getting close to 3mm anyway)
2). is the p zero I need actually the one that Pirelli makes for Aston Martin 295/30ZR20 XL "AMS" (rather than the one with "J" which is for the XF and XJ)??
3.) is there a specific version of the Michelin pilot sport 4s meant for my f-type? eg looks there is a Mercedes variant?
4.) would it actually be stupid to have Pirellis on the front and Michelin on the rears?!!! look bad....! so should I wait till I need to change all 4 to Michelin?
Thank you for tolerating my naivety! Just that I'm enjoying my mid-life f-type crisis immensely!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@eltsac.

There is a special thread for introductions. Please enter your type / model of car and roughly your residence [ or climate : desert eg.. :mrgreen: ].

1. Always run identical tires on one axle [ make, type, size, thread];
2. If your car is an AM : yes.. ..the "J" stands for Jaguar..
3. Nope;
4. Nope. The Pzero's on the front, as along as enough thread left, will do fine. I do the same : only rears replaced by MPS4S;

Just do not run with shallow thread. Ofcourse if you live in a desert and it never ever rains, you can wear the whole thread off I guess..
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
eltsac

Post by eltsac »

Thanks Dan, will do.
Looking at tyres specifically for F-types, I see there is Continental Conti Force Contact but they look like track tyres???
regarding Pirellis....
This is the website that confused me https://www.autodoc.co.uk/tyres/295-30- ... nd=pirelli - if you scroll down, you see fifth one down is the Aston Martin one recommended for F-types!! third one down the J one recommended for other Jag models?!

that website has a few Michelin ones and so which one is the one I'd be looking at? https://www.autodoc.co.uk/tyres/295-30- ... d=michelin
(first or fifth one down?)
3.0 AWD F-type Coupe 2015
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

My tyres are all Pirelli with the J for Jaguar marking.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post