Insurance renewal cost

Anything F-Type related......
Glaf

Post by Glaf »

Glaf wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:55 am Just had our insurance renewal through from Admiral for my wife and myself on our F Type, £599 pa.

Clean licences, full no claims, over 60's but still young at heart!!! :)

Before we renew how does this compare with others on this forum?

Any recommendations?
Just contacted Admiral and re-negotiated as I seem to have to do every year, for all our insurance’s!!!

Got the cost down to £467 without actually changing anything.

Frustrating, time consuming and rather annoying 😡

Thanks for the advice to all...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year, I can order the Turkey now! 😂
V6 Coupe, 2015, white with black pack, panoramic roof, 20" black Cylones, red callipers. 8-)
TVR Griffith 4.3, 1992, owned for 5 wonderful years.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you wish.
Regards,
Dan.
Glaf

Post by Glaf »

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:54 pm Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you wish.
Regards,
Dan.
Thanks Dan,
I remember getting a quote from AF last year and it wasn’t competitive on price. I’ll give it another try. 😉
V6 Coupe, 2015, white with black pack, panoramic roof, 20" black Cylones, red callipers. 8-)
NCC

Post by NCC »

I’ve just renewed my car insurance. The F-type and an SVR RRS. £3k!

To be fair, both cars are kept on the (rural) roadside and my daughter is an insurance broker, so it’s the absolute best policy available. It even covers me to drive any car, fully comp, with no increase in excess. If anyone fancies lending me their V8 for a spin....

I suppose we could move house to somewhere with an accessible triple garage but that isn’t going to happen anytime soon, if ever. In the meantime I’ll just sit here and weap at all these stories of £££ insurance premiums. [emoji849][emoji846][emoji23][emoji22]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MY2020 V6S RWD auto, Indus Silver, Pimento performance seats, Ebony suedecloth, Exterior carbon pack, Black 5039 alloys, Interior black pack, carbon console, heated steering wheel (vital!), climate pack, c/f dynamics, pointless ambient lighting!
Nick

Post by Nick »

Just going through this now, what a pain, every year insurance company puts the price up, every year you call and get it dropped by telling them your moving.

Reviews also seem to be interesting, I know only those who have a complaint review but I do find it interesting reading them.
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
Glaf

Post by Glaf »

Nick wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:05 am Just going through this now, what a pain, every year insurance company puts the price up, every year you call and get it dropped by telling them your moving.

Reviews also seem to be interesting, I know only those who have a complaint review but I do find it interesting reading them.
I agree, it’s a pain!
In the end I renegotiated and we stayed with Admiral as there was little difference in price. It’s also easier and to be fair we’ve always had good service from them...
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Mine was multi quote with Admiral - £377 for an SVR - I also have 2 year gap insurance on top of standard insurance
Glaf

Post by Glaf »

Backofthenet wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:48 pm Mine was multi quote with Admiral - £377 for an SVR - I also have 2 year gap insurance on top of standard insurance
The annual cost does depend on age, drivers, where you live, where you park, mileage, etc etc.
I’m sure we could have found cheaper but I’ve found with experience that that’s not always the best option!
scm

Post by scm »

Glaf wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:21 pm I’m sure we could have found cheaper but I’ve found with experience that that’s not always the best option!
The problem with any insurance is you pay the premium hoping you're wasting the money by not needing to make a claim, only to find when you do make a claim that you have been.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
ahands

Post by ahands »

£675 for me and the Mrs to drive our V8R - Both under of us are under 30, I think we got a bit of a steal looking at some of the prices!
2014 V8R Coupe - Salsa Red with Black Pack

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post