Jaguar InControl Remote subscription renewal (£36 per year)

Anything F-Type related......
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

My Jaguar InControl Remote subscription is due for renewal next month. This costs £36 per year.

This is what is says......

“Your Jaguar InControl Remote subscription includes:

Jaguar InControl Remote smartphone app

More about this subscription:

You’ll find Jaguar InControl Remote makes life easier when it really counts.

The Jaguar InControl Remote smartphone app lets you prepare for a trip by checking fuel levels and range remotely. You can find your vehicle in a crowded car park and check if you have left doors or windows open. You can also download your journeys to assist in claiming business mileage expenses.

In the unlikely event of a breakdown, Optimised Jaguar Assistance* will use GPS and vehicle health information to help minimise any delay in getting you back on the road.
Note: Mobile network connectivity and vehicle position accuracy cannot be guaranteed in all locations.

*Optimised Jaguar Assistance will connect you to a 3rd party provider using the eCall button, however the service will be independent from JLR and will vary from market to market depending on the provider. The service provider will inform you if support is available (i.e. via a Jaguar Extended Warranty that includes roadside assistance), or you may be offered a pay on demand or subscription service directly with the provider if it is available.

If you do not renew one or more of your InControl subscriptions then the relevant associated services will be disabled on your vehicle on the day of expiry. You will still be able to enjoy these services until the date your subscription expires. Your Jaguar eCall emergency service will continue to operate, with no charge to you, for a period of 10 years from the date your vehicle was first registered.”

I am considering not renewing my InControl Remote subscription because I don't feel I need the above services.......just wondering what most other F-Type owners do?

P.S. My car is a 2016 model and I keep it well maintained and secured. I don't have a Jaguar extended warranty.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

for me I would go for it .. and will do so next year
I find it useful and for that price good value when compared to my house road tax bill
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

I failed to see what was really worthwhile with it when I bought the car from new and never had it activated.

When they come out with crap like, 'The Jaguar InControl Remote smartphone app lets you prepare for a trip by checking fuel levels and range remotely. You can find your vehicle in a crowded car park and check if you have left doors or windows open.', you know they're struggling to justify it's worth. Really, I mean really, checking fuel levels remotely!!! FFS
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe
scm

Post by scm »

I find the remote start facility very useful in winter as I can warm the car up before I get in it. And in the summer, it'll get nice and cool. The fuel level is quite handy, too, as I often forget to check the level when I park. Finding the car in a crowded car park isn't an issue for me as I never park if there's a crowd, but it does mean I can use Google maps to locate my car if I've parked it in an unfamilair location and had to wlk to my destination. And the Journeys option is nice to give me an alibi, should I ever need one. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

hello

stop being a skint flint :D if you can afford a f type you can afford the subscription renewal . if you don't want it then don't buy it
I can spend that on one round of drinks or a couple of bottles of wine in the local shop

So yes go for it .. but if you feel you don't feel value for money or don't need it .. then that is your answer ... really is your decision

happy new year
best regards
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Thanks for all replies.

I've weighed it up and decided not to renew my subscription as I don't really need the services that Jaguar InControl Remote provides.

If I change my mind in the future I can always subscribe to it.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

10% off all Jaguar InControl Renewals from now until end of April.

My subscription says I have "Remote Premium", "Protect" and "Pro Services". But when I go to renew it only offers "Remote Premium" for £32.40.

Anyone renewed recently? I was hoping to keep Pro Services for Google Live Traffic and Map Updates etc.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Tel

Post by Tel »

I'l be renewing mine for the second year.

I hardly use the facilities, but sods law if I don't have it......
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
badger

Post by badger »

i'll be renewing mine next month, I think its worth 70p a week..
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

I’ve renewed mine for £36 also renewed maps for 3 years for £129 which I thought was good value. I didn’t renew in control secure as my insurance doesn’t need a tracker and renewal was circa £250 ish from memory.
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post