New Windscreen Fitting

Anything F-Type related......
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello & Happy New Year,

Windscreen has a large stonechip along with couple of tiny stone chips. I am wanting the whole windscreen replacing. Going to contact Autoglass to claim on insurance.

Apparently you can no longer attend an Autoglass Workshop. The company have changed their business operation & only do mobile work.

Anyone had the glass replaced in their F-Type using the mobile technician? How was the process?

TIA 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit

XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Mine was done by Autoglass outside my business a few months ago. They were great. No problems at all. Mine wasn't the first F Type they'd done and they knew what they were doing.
Last edited by XZ4 on Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Had my XF and Z4 done and no issues
Problems a decade ago led me to always now inspect vehicle with them to agree no damage.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Thank you both. I’m a catastrophist. Think everything will go wrong. Appreciate the reassurance 😄👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
chicb

Post by chicb »

when did Autoglass stop using their workshop as someone I know had a range rover screen fitted a couple of weeks ago in their workshop. they prefer using the mobile guys as its quicker. perhaps they are not being truthful. I would not use a mobile one especially in the winter even if its under their gazebo. (sorry for no capitals as my caps lock works when it wants to) :evil:
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

I understand completely Darren,

Last year I had a stone chip which within 2 days spread right across my windscreen,

I went through my insurance and was told to take it to Autoglass, but I was paranoid that they’d fit an inferior screen, so much so I even took a photo of the Pilkington part number on the old screen to compare to the new one and I also asked them if they’d do it in their workshop as it was raining and I wasn’t so keen on having it done in my drive,

But to be fair they asked me to bring it in when it was in stock, they were totally professional, fitted without fuss and yes the screen part number matched the old one as well so I needn’t have worried at all :roll:

It took about an hour to fit and another hour for the seal to set before I could drive it.

I also did the usual cup of water test to make sure the rain sensors were working and made sure the screen heater worked before signing the job off...

But I guess the process would be the same in your drive and I assume they’d bring a waterproof cover to work under, so it should be fine Darren...

330A7B4C-044F-48DB-8A1F-1655399F0AF4.jpeg

DF10E5D3-CDFF-4913-9ED4-1CADEBD3A9BB.jpeg

67CEC7A3-962F-4D05-9229-85E9D72A4D99.jpeg

2016 V8 R AWD Coupe Italian Racing Red, Black Alloys & Pano Roof

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post