Standard vs Performance seats

Anything F-Type related......
Deleted User 2510

Post by Deleted User 2510 »

Still on the lookout for my f type and I thought I would open a topic to canvas opinions on standard seats vs the performance seat upgrade (windsor). I have sat on both but curious on owners opinions on how both seats compare in day to day usage. Looking for opinions specifically between the '14 to '16 model years for V6S (380). Of course, opinions on all other variants also welcome.
Planning all sorts of trips from short commutes to a Euro road trip to Italy.

MrJag

Post by MrJag »

Just to say, I am also looking and I would have performace in leather and I will re-uphoster the center pieces to alcantara. I have seen this on a new cars and on SVR, but realy realy rarely.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I have the original type Performance seats, but not full electric.
Besides looking so much better than the standard rather Porsche-like ones they have also proved to be supremely comfortable.
On a journey last year to Tuscany the first leg was into Switzerland and stopping just past Luzern.
A long day's drive but I got out the other end with no backache or feeling of stiffness - and I do have lower back problems like many desk-bound people.
For me it was a must have for my car choice, as they really do cocoon you in all the right places.
Just be sure to check that the outer bolsters haven't been worn by people climbing in with jeans / belts that will rub over time.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Like Lunar I have the original Performance seats. I prefer the look of them. I test drove a car with the standard seats and didn't find them comfortable. Felt like I was sitting on them, not in them.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

As above, but do ensure your F-Type comes with the full electric otherwise you wont be able to ‘fully’ adjust them ...
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Mine are only part electric and I don't have any problems with them. I am the only one who drives my car though.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

I test drove cars with both and also found the performance seat far more supportive and comfortable.
My longest trip has been almost 2,500 miles and I had no seat fatigue at all.
They also look soooo much nicer and with full electric so adjustable.
Last edited by JurassicF on Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

What ZX4 said.
If you are only driver then part electric (so no settings memory) is just fine, even after a drive of several hundred miles at a time.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

XZ4 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:15 pm Like Lunar I have the original Performance seats. I prefer the look of them. I test drove a car with the standard seats and didn't find them comfortable. Felt like I was sitting on them, not in them.
That’s how I see it too. Sit on standard but in sport.
Had them in the F Type as a requirement having leant the lesson of having to convert previous XF and Z4 from standard, where myself and wife used to slide around on standard seats.

Not being rude, but it seems to me that you should have sport unless you are too wide to fit them
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Tel

Post by Tel »

NJC wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:27 pm Still on the lookout for my f type and I thought I would open a topic to canvas opinions on standard seats vs the performance seat upgrade (windsor). I have sat on both but curious on owners opinions on how both seats compare in day to day usage. Looking for opinions specifically between the '14 to '16 model years for V6S (380). Of course, opinions on all other variants also welcome.
Planning all sorts of trips from short commutes to a Euro road trip to Italy.
Both types of seat are comfortable.

The performance seats look the part, but have a (on Series I and II MY14-15 at least) seam running down the centre of the seat squab and back which is a PITA...literally!

Due to the design/shape of the performance seat, it 'hugs' you better and keeps you planted more than the standard seats without lumbar support do.

Full electrical version (both heated and adjustable) is ultimately the most desirable and a plus on the selling front.

Spent 15K miles in the performance seats and still have a play every now and then to fine tune the position - something that I'm glad of as I get older/shorter ;-)
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩