V6 Re-Map Experience

Anything F-Type related......
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Basically who has some?

I'm not interested in mechanical changes (pulley / cats), purely in having the lower version engine's restricted power released.

I've recently been in touch with DAE and Viezu and for the remap, tuning box and pre / post dyno runs DAE would be looking for £1,512 whereas Viezu would be £450 all in, at their head office and welcome to take any photos or video of my day, and that comes with 30 day money back guarantee and insurance cover.

The sticking point would be my insurance, as I'd have to change provider and my current broker was looking at several hundred pounds more, as a first 2 minute check, so it would make sense to wait a few months and see how things compare at renewal time.

In the mean time I've just been for a drive with a couple of WOT accelerations and believe I can make do with things as they are if it comes to it. I just don't like the thought of missing out on such good value additional bhp and that slightly "hard done by" feeling that my engine could perform better within JLR's own safe set parameters.

There's already been a bit of discussion along these lines, so not looking to re-open thoughts and opinions, but I can't pin down anyone who's done just the V6 re-map.

Any direct feedback on who you used, cost, additional insurance cost and company used would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Simon
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Hi Simon,

I know you said you aren’t interested in changing pulley but I think the reason why not many have done just a remap is because a remap and pulley unlocks so much more (100bhp+ on your V6) and it’s not much more expensive

DAE quote about £2k for remap and pulley I think

I’m sure someone will be along who’s had a remap done
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Thanks - yes, it's the slippery slope thing I guess.

Was actually looking at the combo of tune and crank pulley today!

It's a shame Jag don't offer the 400 Sport tune as an upgrade option - considering the number of variants they now have of their V6 and V8 engines :roll:
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello Simon,

I’m literally just booking for 200 Cell Cats & Base Tune. Just waiting for final price from DAE.

The other company wouldn’t get near my car with a barge pole 😡
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Blueone

Post by Blueone »

I’m interested in hearing about this. I have a 340 and am a little underwhelmed by the speed of it at times. But I think I’d be pretty worried doing this to my car. Is it really safe to up the power on a 340 without the limited slip differential and other upgrades associated with the stock 380?
MY20 F-Type P340
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

It would be very interesting to hear of your experience Darren.
Hadn't considered the cats instead of pulley either.

And yes Blueone, there are times when the stock setup feels a little tardy.
Depending on your wheel size you could always upgrade the front discs to V6S spec. (the rears are the same size on base and S).
I've never found the brakes wanting within my driving style, but would likely fir Porterfield pads at next change.
To be honest you really shouldn't need a slippy diff. for normal road driving.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Wouldn't discuss my individual treatment, at that place, online. Suffice to say I’ve taken my custom elsewhere. Didn’t involve tuning or mechanics & I know others have had positive experiences on that front. Just not for me.

Wanting OEM sound but bit louder. From research & talking with a couple of owners, with actual experience, 200 Cell Cats & OEM back box will do just that. Bonus is you have to take the tune too to keep sensors happy. That will take it to 416bhp which will suit me fine 😄

If you look on US forum there are lots of owners who’ve tuned their cars. The VAP products are proven & operate within safe limits. I’m sure we’d have heard if otherwise.

Will let you know how it goes. Hoping to receive email back from them tomorrow then can book in.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
scm

Post by scm »

DaddyDarren wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:12 pm If you look on US forum there are lots of owners who’ve tuned their cars.
Yeah, they really don't understand the concept of "enough", do they? :D
But some of them report that the power delivery of the car is improved with a tune, too.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Lunar wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:45 pm It's a shame Jag don't offer the 400 Sport tune as an upgrade option - considering the number of variants they now have of their V6 and V8 engines :roll:
The issue I find with tuning is that people only end up tuning the engine.

The 400 sport came with big brake pack, dynamics, (diff if comparing to P340) etc not just a new map. Consider how your going stop, ride and corner folks as well.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Jba

Post by Jba »

I had my v6 340 remapped few weeks ago, it cost £200 with “the vehicle tuner” in Warrington

They had it on rolling road and did a before and after performance readout

It was stage 1 tune which took it to 400bhp, the car feels great, a massive difference and seems to be getting more to the gallon!

Btw, still corners and stops as before no issues :D
2016 V6 f coupe, 340bhp, Silver black alloys

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post