New 2020 Puddle lights

Anything F-Type related......
Carnut

Post by Carnut »

Hi All,

I just fitted these this evening, really easy, no tools required....... they look great ! £15.79 from Amazon and free delivery as I took 30 day free Prime now I can watch Grand Tour series for free then end it before the 30 days........ win ! win !!

IMG_6525.JPG

Last edited by Carnut on Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Can you post a link?
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Carnut

Post by Carnut »

Hope that works................
scm

Post by scm »

I got some of those but couldn't get them to fit because the "bulge" where the lamp is wasn't narrow enough to fit the aperture. Did I miss a trick to get it to fit?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I have the same and don’t remember an issue - maybe it’s a particular end goes in first?
There is a little tab so you can rotate the logo to align with the door.
Mine came with some short extension wires but I didn’t need them.
...however, after around 18 months the little mask in mine has blown out, so it now projects an ink splodge instead.
Taken them apart but not sure how to make a new mask so will likely just buy replacements and hope they last longer this time.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
devbrodie

Post by devbrodie »

I bought these and to fit them took all of 5 minutes. The original lamp holder simply pops out and these pop back in. There is a small lug in the plastic of the door which prevented them from being a 1 for 1 swap, but I removed this with a sharp Stanley blade and the new ones fitted with no other issue. They do look good - I've had 3 people comment on them so far whilst out at night
MY18 - F-Type 3L V6 R-dynamic AWD
Black Pack
Driver Pack
Winter Pack
Performance Seats
Meridian Surround Sound
basher

Post by basher »

scm wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:18 pm I got some of those but couldn't get them to fit because the "bulge" where the lamp is wasn't narrow enough to fit the aperture. Did I miss a trick to get it to fit?
Snap. I couldn't fit mine either. Tried both ways round.

Maybe the aperture is a different size depending on model year?
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

MY16. Clipped straight into mine without needing the extension wires without any issue. They do look great.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
scm

Post by scm »

Mine's MY18, maybe that's the difference. :( I'll have another go when I get time.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Carnut

Post by Carnut »

devbrodie wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:02 pm I bought these and to fit them took all of 5 minutes. The original lamp holder simply pops out and these pop back in. There is a small lug in the plastic of the door which prevented them from being a 1 for 1 swap, but I removed this with a sharp Stanley blade and the new ones fitted with no other issue. They do look good - I've had 3 people comment on them so far whilst out at night
I completely agree there is a really small lug that sticks out but I didn't need to cut it out as I thought it might help retain it but clearly not having read the above. I just gave it a bit of a wiggle and a bit of a shove and in it went. Light quality as you can see is really good.

Good luck !

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post