Ah sod it!

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

NCC wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:59 pm Once you’ve had that supercharged V8 engine in your life, you can’t live without it!
Well, you actually can, but why would you want to? :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Lunar wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:43 pm Arrgh!

Was going off the tuning route too, as insurance was denting the value of the extra horses - and having watched the value of the V8 getting better and better I've been trying not to look lately!

I actually prefer the more "tuned" sound of the V6 to the V8 growl - so I keep telling myself...
Errrr - please have a thought for those of us with a V8 who are seeing our pride and joys loose money faster that a lottery winner on a spending spree. "better and better" for some "worse and worse" for others.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
scm

Post by scm »

scharlton wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:34 am
Lunar wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:43 pm Arrgh!

Was going off the tuning route too, as insurance was denting the value of the extra horses - and having watched the value of the V8 getting better and better I've been trying not to look lately!

I actually prefer the more "tuned" sound of the V6 to the V8 growl - so I keep telling myself...
Errrr - please have a thought for those of us with a V8 who are seeing our pride and joys lose money faster that a lottery winner on a spending spree. "better and better" for some "worse and worse" for others.
Mine hasn't lost any money since I bought it, and won't until I come to sell it. But that's not going to happen! ;)
Deleted User 2483

Post by Deleted User 2483 »

Picked the V8R up yesterday and my goodness. I thought the V^S was quick, this thing took my breath away. Unfortunately it developed a misfire after 2 hours run home and the central air vents are not working properly and get stuck half open 😒 Started fine this morning though and is running like a champ now. Dropping the car off at the dealer Saturday and they are giving me a 2.0 F Type until mine is repaired. Disappointed about mine, but looking forward to driving the 2.0 and seeing how it goes.
scm

Post by scm »

Your experience is a bit like mine - I thought my 5.0 XKR was quick, but I was wrong, too! And when my F-Type needed a new telematics unit (it actually didn't - p!ss poor diagnosis!) I got a white 2.0 convertible to drive for the weekend. Nobody even noticed I was driving a different car, and mine is a coupe! The 2.0 was okay, but it lacks the drama (and general hooliganism) of the V8. It certainly looks the business.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@Stevepax.
Congrats ! Hope you live in-the-sticks and no laserguns nearby.. ;)

I should be jealous driving a modest P300.. .. the V8 is a grand machine, I 'd love to get one...
But driving it one day on loan made me realise I'd loose my license in a few months..

It is so smooth, so fast, so relentless enticing.. ..its addictive. I'd be speeding on my drive way.. :roll:
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
scm

Post by scm »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:37 pm. .. the V8 is a grand machine, I 'd love to get one...
But driving it one day on loan made me realise I'd loose my license in a few months..
I think you'd get used to the performance pretty quickly and learn to limit your excesses to where it's safe and free from "anyone" who'd take offence. ;)
And you can enjoy the noise at legal speeds by using the paddles to hold the lower gears.
Deleted User 2483

Post by Deleted User 2483 »

After running fine for a couple of days the engine has started misfiring again, after reading other threads I suspect an injector. Currently waiting for Jaguar assist to arrive and have a look as I am meant to be driving it to the dealer tomorrow. may be a recovery job.
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

well

late to the thread .. I have owned numerous V8 corvettes over the years (have photos to prove)
and can happily say I am more then happy with my egg whisk 340 BHP v6 F type :D
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

a picture as evidence (C4 Corvette collectors Edition 1996)

Camera back up pics (36).JPG