3 years in

Anything F-Type related......
Semmence

Post by Semmence »

F Type after 3 years of ownership;

Car would not lock - leave it 10mins or so then it would lock. Took six weeks to fix - some kind of sensor.
Front headlight failed
Rear light failed
Door seals both sides loose and falling out
Rear exhaust section replaced
Brake fade after fluid change and front brake imbalance – not pads or discs - fluid done again and seems ok
Bonnet came out of alignment (not form any impact) resulting in passengers door catching the bonnet when opened. They adjusted it too much and it started catching on the drivers side!
Active exhaust vacuum pump noisy. Jaguar have a £202 workaround so clearly a known issue
Drivers door would not close in cold weather due cable issue
Rear wheel arch trim broken both sides - no visible impact
All of front splitter detached - prob due to Waitrose car park!
Window not closing after door close - software update
Coolant pump failed
Rear internal console came loose
Start stop button worn after just 40k

Still love driving it and the styling.

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yep, I could write a similar list - except including new engine and 5 of the 6 original injectors too!

I've replaced the P in the selector (just pops out with a small knife blade) and the start button too, as I like the tactile elements to be good.

...but it's the bottom line that matters and I still take any excuse to go for a drive - even had the roof down on the M3 this morning driving back from Parkrun - it was only spitting after all :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

How long would that list be if you had say a Aston or a McLaren. Bet the boys way back who had TVR cars made a very very long list.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
scm

Post by scm »

In the year and a half I've had mine I've had to have the cargo cover replaced when a strap pulled out after it fell off the pivots and jammed against the rear hatch. Apart from that, just a service. Dreadfully unreliable, eh? ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
basher

Post by basher »

18 months, daily driver... only needed a new sharkfin antenna, and driver's seatbelt. That's it.

Oh, and lots of petrol! 🤣
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
scm

Post by scm »

basher wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:23 pm Oh, and lots of petrol! 🤣
The F-Type is my 4th Jaguar, so I consider the fuel usage to be "normal". In fact, it's actually more economical than my previous 2010 XKR, so I reckon I've downsized to a more environmentally friendly car! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

Mine is a daily driver over 3 years now and 26000 miles it had a replacement cross brace last June under warranty I then took out an extra years warranty for peace of mind but apart from regular servicing it goes astoundingly well, fingers crossed X
2016 V8 R AWD Coupe Italian Racing Red, Black Alloys & Pano Roof
GARETH

Post by GARETH »

I’m almost 5 years in. I bought it at 6 months old with 1 k miles. Now 34k. Not a high mileage and most of it has been done on European tours.

It’s been very reliable, and never let me down. The drivers sill trim come off due to my shoe catching it. There is a noise from the rear diff, but it’s been doing it for ages and does not get worse.

It’s had 4 tyres, and just had first rear pad change. I needed a geo-check after tyres were changed.

It does have some corroded bits underneath, but I’ve given up on main dealer. I’m going to get it sorted independently.

It’s been a very reliable car and I have no plans to swap it.
2014 Jaguar F-Type 3.0 S Coupe in Salsa red
2021 Land Rover Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE
1968 Land Rover Series 2a 88”
1966 Land Rover Series 2a 109” ex army.
scz4

Post by scz4 »

As someone who is collecting their 2013 V6S with 40k miles on the clock next Sat I'm relieved to read the later postings :)
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

Congrats for next Saturday, welcome to the club!
2016 V8 R AWD Coupe Italian Racing Red, Black Alloys & Pano Roof

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post