3 years in

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

scz4 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:56 pm As someone who is collecting their 2013 V6S with 40k miles on the clock next Sat I'm relieved to read the later postings :)
I'd also suggest you find a decent independent that you can trust. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

V6S Convertible, one of the first off the line. 7 years old. 25k miles.

Bought ex demo - 6 months old, 1000 miles. 15k off list price even then.

New body panels each side (lower front wings) due to warping and splitting at almost 3 years old. Took a fight but got the money back from Jaguar after 6 months.
Scratched front windows and seals replaced under warranty
New front splitter due to the low front and car parks
4 new tyres

The car is great so far, Jaguar customer service is hopeless. Selling dealer was a joke, Sturgess have been very good.

Would i have another Jag? No. Do i like this one - yes. She's a keeper (for now).
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

The worst treatment an owner can give a car is not using it. I'm sure you all would agree. It appears that those who use these cars as a daiily drive have the least problems, is this around correct ?
Is it not the case that parking these cars (or any car for that matter) and only using it as a weekend toy is causing many of these maladies ?
I'm guilty of this. Had some weekday fun with the FT during the Dec lull, but now that the roads are back to normal, it's weekends only and the most it see is a 40km's
Mine is now entering 4 years old !
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

Deleted User 2483

Post by Deleted User 2483 »

It seems a wise buy is a well sorted 4 or 5 year old car then😂😂
scm

Post by scm »

A lot of the problems I've heard of seem to be electrically-based, so if you don't use the car much it's advisable to keep it on a battery conditioner to ensure you always have max charge when you need it. Low batteries can cause all sorts of weird symptoms.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Apart from dodgy passenger door/sill alignment which was fixed at delivery and the vertical window scratches done under warranty (replaced with new window seal design) at around 12 months. Nothing to report in 4 and a bit years and 30k miles.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Elementad

Post by Elementad »

Had the v6s for 3 years, only problem was with a bad batch of Pirelli tyres (the ones it came with) cracking. Had to buy 4 new and Pirelli partly (mostly) refunded.

Had the R AWD for 2 years so far and only problem was with the “sos limited function” being displayed on dash. Module replaced under warranty.

Had the jag conditioner on both and agree with above you need to keep on top of the batteries.
F Type R AWD coupe
(Previous car) F Type V6S convertible
Semmence

Post by Semmence »

Very interesting to hear everyone’s comments and glad to hear most are ‘minimal’....apart from a new engine!
Next job is spark plugs which JLR have quoted £292. Anyone have any experience of this being done by an independent?
V6S btw. Thanks
Last edited by Semmence on Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davidd

Post by davidd »

I've done about 20 thousand miles in the last 2 and a bit years. it has had a rear diff seal and a hose came off a washer jet. All very good so far.
BJagH

Post by BJagH »

One sensor on the exhaust produced a warning light about eight months in. Other than that, three years and 28000 miles with nothing other than servicing and a new set of tyres.
Previous car was an Evoque for 40000 miles in two and a half years again with no issues.
Yet every forum tells me that all JLR products should be avoided because they are awful!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post