Where is fuse 43? - Active Exhaust

Anything F-Type related......
scz4

Post by scz4 »

Afternoon all,

Collected my 2013 V6S yesterday and looking to release a little more noise lower down the rev range. It's got the active exhaust with the button.

Owners manual confirms that fuse 43 is active exhaust, red and 10 amp on passenger side. But there is no slot labelled beyond 38, no 43. Car is right hand drive.

Can't see a fuse box on the drivers side by the steering column.

Any ideas?

G

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

I just switch mine on using the button, especially when going through tunnels! If you remove the fuse won’t it stop working?
Salsa Red V6S Coupe, Performance Heated Seats, Memory Pack, 20" DC Gyrodynes, Heated Windscreen, Blind Spot Detection & CVS, Meridian Audio, Powered Tailgate, Illuminated Tread Plates and Big Smile!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I just pull back on the switch for Dynamic when starting and it comes on with that.
Then use the exhaust button if I want a quieter cruise down the motorway in traffic.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
scm

Post by scm »

scoobydoo wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:56 pm I just switch mine on using the button, especially when going through tunnels! If you remove the fuse won’t it stop working?
If you remove the fuse the valves stay open all the time. Can't help with the fuse location as the MY18 doesn't have a fuse 43, it's moved to fuse 15. If you want the low end noise, just turn on dynamic mode. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

scz4 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:45 pm Afternoon all,

Collected my 2013 V6S yesterday and looking to release a little more noise lower down the rev range. It's got the active exhaust with the button.

Owners manual confirms that fuse 43 is active exhaust, red and 10 amp on passenger side. But there is no slot labelled beyond 38, no 43. Car is right hand drive.

Can't see a fuse box on the drivers side by the steering column.

Any ideas?

G
I just press the switchable active exhaust button on the centre console........this releases more noise throughout the rev range. Alternatively, just pull back on the switch for Dynamic mode.

There are 5 separate fuse boxes fitted:

1. Left side engine compartment fuse box.
2. Right side engine compartment fuse box.
3. Passenger compartment fuse box, located in the passenger side foot-well. Pull back the floor mat/carpet to reveal the access panel.
4. Passenger compartment fuse box, located on the left side A pillar, below the fascia. Unclip the access panel to view the fuse box.
5. Luggage compartment fuse box. The fuse box is accessed by: (Coupe vehicles only) Folding back the Luggage compartment floor panel and removing the floor panel support block / Removing the left side Luggage compartment (battery) cover/ Removing the luggage floor well trim.

Fuse number 43 10A Red (Active exhaust) is in the passenger compartment fuse box, located in the passenger side foot-well. Once you've pulled back the floor mat/carpet to reveal the access panel, pull up and remove the access panel to view the fuse box. Make sure the cover is correctly aligned to the vehicle before refitting.
Last edited by RPSN on Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
scz4

Post by scz4 »

Thanks guys, going to have another look today.

As I understand it, but putting the car into dynamic mode or pressing the exhaust button the valves start to open around 3000rpm. By removing the fuse, the valves are open from idle.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

No - well not on my car.
Putting it into Dynamic and the vales are open all the time too.
Hence not sure why you would want to pull the fuse.
Maybe later cars act differently.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
scm

Post by scm »

scz4 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:32 am As I understand it, by putting the car into dynamic mode or pressing the exhaust button the valves start to open around 3000rpm. By removing the fuse, the valves are open from idle.
You've misunderstood things - the valves open from around 3000rpm when you're in D or S, not in dynamic mode and haven't pressed the switch. In dynamic mode the valves are open all the time unless you've also pressed the switch, which puts the valves back into "open at 3000" mode. Removing the fuse will leave the valves open all the time regardless of mode or switch setting. As previously noted, if you want the valves open, just select dynamic mode - you'll get more noise that way, too - in D or S with the switch on the valves will be open but the engine won't produce as much noise as dynamic.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

If you have v6s then what SCM says. Just use dynamic mode and/or active exhaust button.

However in your other post you complain of noisy back box / active exhaust noisy for 20 seconds after startup. When you start a v6s the exhaust valves are open regardless of mode because they are open all the time and vacuum closes them. As you have a problem with yours the valves are either sticking or a new back box will be dealers fix.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
scz4

Post by scz4 »

Thanks guys, now I understand how it works :)

There is definitely a big difference in noise when the button is on or off, so I think the valves are moving freely.

Can you see the valves when looking into the exhaust tips to confirm?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post