Collected my V6S - Quite a few niggles

Anything F-Type related......
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Nothing wrong with tinkering. Totally modded my F to the car I wanted from SVR bumper changes to wider sills, design rear, interior changes and more. Do all my own parts changes.
Difference though is when a part like the back box has an expensive known fault then it’s the dealer job to fix it.
Glad to see though you’re enjoying it and putting some time into it
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Congrats on the new car and welcome

I’d have raised the issues with Volvo and got an agreement in place to either fix or discount before driving away personally.

Ignoring the above, back box noise will be coming from the active exhaust valves, a sort of scraping / squeaking sound?
I’ve had similar, took the back box off, throughly cleaned and valves and moving parts, applied copper grease, job done.

If your thinking of a new back box, eBay is your friend and there are boxes for under £1k or go aftermarket for same price as OEM but more/better sound (obviously depends on what system)

Cruise control button would just need replacing, not a big job, there’s a few helpful threads on here

Roof would be a major concern for me but if Volvo have agreed to get your local JLR garage to fix then that’s great

I have the door speaker rattle, passenger door, having a look this weekend and will let you know
scz4

Post by scz4 »

dbv6s wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:55 am Congrats on the new car and welcome

I’d have raised the issues with Volvo and got an agreement in place to either fix or discount before driving away personally.

Ignoring the above, back box noise will be coming from the active exhaust valves, a sort of scraping / squeaking sound?
I’ve had similar, took the back box off, throughly cleaned and valves and moving parts, applied copper grease, job done.

If your thinking of a new back box, eBay is your friend and there are boxes for under £1k or go aftermarket for same price as OEM but more/better sound (obviously depends on what system)

Cruise control button would just need replacing, not a big job, there’s a few helpful threads on here

Roof would be a major concern for me but if Volvo have agreed to get your local JLR garage to fix then that’s great

I have the door speaker rattle, passenger door, having a look this weekend and will let you know
Thanks for that, yeah let me know how you get on. I was planning to fit dynamat, did that in a car years ago and it helped. In fact you can get lead tape from Screwfix which is almost the same thing and a lot cheaper.

Regarding the other items, I didn't notice them during the test drive. I tested the steering wheel controls, but only the stereo, the exhaust only seems to do it when starting up in Dynamic mode, which I didn't and can only hear it outside the car anyway, obviously I didn't crank up the stereo to max either. The rubbing noise at the front wheels is only evident on full lock.

Car is booked in on the 7th of Feb for the roof.
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Good news that the roof will be fixed as that could have been very problematic/costly.
Keep us informed of your repair work, as for sure all our cars will reach a stage where tinkering will be required.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
GARETH

Post by GARETH »

Ref your full lock rubbing, check the wheel arch liner hasn’t dropped.
2014 Jaguar F-Type 3.0 S Coupe in Salsa red
2021 Land Rover Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE
1968 Land Rover Series 2a 88”
1966 Land Rover Series 2a 109” ex army.
scz4

Post by scz4 »

Evening all,

Well I've been detailing the F-Type, getting the wheels refurbished and a few other bits and pieces done, so put the car on the trickle charger for the last 5 days and wouldn't you know it, the roof is now opening just fine tonight!! Surprised a 400 mile trip home didn't fully charge the battery, think I'll still let Jag look at it next Friday though, check for any error codes etc.

Looking forward to getting stuck into the other niggles, found a few fixes when searching on here and other forums.
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

These cars do like to be trickle charged. I had loads of little problems with mine - they all cleared up when i bought a CTEK.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
scm

Post by scm »

daytona650 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:00 am These cars do like to be trickle charged. I had loads of little problems with mine - they all cleared up when i bought a CTEK.
More correctly, these cars like to have a fully charged battery. Battery maintainers are very useful in achieving the car's desires. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
scz4

Post by scz4 »

Just a quick update on a few of my niggles

- Roof was working when I took it to Jaguar after a decent battery charge as mentioned above, but they noticed one of the flaps was going fully down when the roof was closed. They've updated all the roof modules and now working well. No other error codes showing on the car which was reassuring

- Creaking coming from the steering at slow speed was a loose arch liner, one nut and sorted
- Lubricated the exhaust valves with some high heat grease and that seems to have cured it, although expect to reapply every few months.

In other news..
- Replaced the worn stop\start button for a black one, looks a lot better...
- Full DIY detail, aprox 15 to 20 hours spent on it. Car is now red again :)
- Painted brake calipers again, applied new Jaguar transfer
- New genuine black Jaguar wheel nuts
- Wheels now Gloss black
- Gloss black side events installed

Next few jobs:
-Replace cruise control buttons
-Dynamic rear Ballance to fit
- Investigate speaker\trim rattle
- Fit gloss black roll bar covers
- Plan some summer road trips

JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »