Jaguar Free 7 day Insurance

Anything F-Type related......
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

How Strange they did my MY19 P300 without any mention of a tracker... Maybe it's location dependent, but all they knew was I lived a long way away?
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.

PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

I think you need a tracker only if value is over £75K
Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I got the 7 day drive away insurance when I got mine in Nov 2017 - dealer arranged it all.

Jaguar insurance won't insure mine without a tracker either. Couldnt quote for it in May last year even though it is only worth £45-£50k
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Ok so there are some different experiences!

I guess I’ll leave it to the dealer to sort out if possible and then arrange my own if it proves too difficult. I will let you know the result! Car is under £75k so that may help. I’m not sure why they didn’t offer to sort it out in the first place tbh.
Northnoble

Post by Northnoble »

I took the free 7 day insurance when I picked up my second hand V8 as I wanted to get the car home and then insure it once I could put my private plate on it.

Great service, no hassle (other than a few texts offering me a full policy)

The full year quote that they then provided was more than double my multi car insurance I ultimately went for, but so glad I could take advantage of the free insurance.
Jaguar F-Type 5.0s Convertible - Italian Racing Red, Gloss black wheels and trim
Porsche Macan S
Ariel Atom 3 300
NCC

Post by NCC »

The free insurance is underwritten by one if the big players in the insurance market. As such it’s not Jaguar providing it, simply a service they offer via as an agent.

It’s a nice easy way to get all your information and potential future custom. My experience is the same as others in that the annual premium was a joke, although to be fair, it is a very good policy. They’re a bit picky as to what level of risk they’re prepared to accept too, hence some get turned down for simple things like on-street parking or a none specific tracker.

I used a very good contact in the insurance business to sort out a slightly better policy, at a slightly better cost. Insurance is one of those businesses where you most definitely get what you pay for but as we all hope we never need it, we’re happy to save a few (lot?) quid on the premium by going for the cheaper options.

Personally, I don’t see anything wrong with taking what’s on offer for ‘free’ if you qualify, just expect subsequent follow ups.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MY2020 V6S RWD auto, Indus Silver, Pimento performance seats, Ebony suedecloth, Exterior carbon pack, Black 5039 alloys, Interior black pack, carbon console, heated steering wheel (vital!), climate pack, c/f dynamics, pointless ambient lighting!
scm

Post by scm »

NCC wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:18 pmInsurance is one of those businesses where you most definitely get what you pay for ...
Pedantically, it's more a case of not getting what you don't pay for - people have been known to not always get what they pay for ... ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
NCC

Post by NCC »

scm wrote:
NCC wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:18 pmInsurance is one of those businesses where you most definitely get what you pay for ...
Pedantically, it's more a case of not getting what you don't pay for - people have been known to not always get what they pay for ... ;)
Or.... people have been known to not get what they didn’t pay for but thought they might have paid for but hadn’t read the policy but were happy they paid less than they could have paid until they wished they had paid more.

Oh goodness me, my head hurts! [emoji6][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MY2020 V6S RWD auto, Indus Silver, Pimento performance seats, Ebony suedecloth, Exterior carbon pack, Black 5039 alloys, Interior black pack, carbon console, heated steering wheel (vital!), climate pack, c/f dynamics, pointless ambient lighting!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post