Jaguar Free 7 day Insurance

Anything F-Type related......
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

My dealer has told me I can get free insurance from Jaguar for 7 days which I will need to set up with Jag insurance over the phone in the 30 days before collection.

As I’m not a believer in free stuff being free, has anyone taken advantage of this successfully or are there so many exclusions etc it’s not worth the bother?

I don’t want to waste half an hour on the phone for nothing as I’m still in the Middle East and overseas calls are extremely expensive!

Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Why bother with 7 days ? Just contact your broker [ maybe you have a house insurance ?], if not, any agent you used to do business with back-in-the-days.. .. they might be very helpfull since you return and likely to need other insurances too.. .... do it online..
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
Deleted User 1715

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:39 pm Why bother with 7 days ? Just contact your broker [ maybe you have a house insurance ?], if not, any agent you used to do business with back-in-the-days.. .. they might be very helpfull since you return and likely to need other insurances too.. .... do it online..
1. Because it’s free
2. It’s much easier for me to set up the insurance starting after delivery
3. Less hassle trying to get cover notes to the dealer in order to do all the registration process
4. All other insurances already in place and done online, don’t know why Jag can’t do this online either, I did attempt it but got directed to call them by phone
5. Their free 7 day insurance also leads to an annual insurance quote, no idea if they’re the least bit competitive though, hence the question about others experience as it may not be worth the bother
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Take it, you have nothing to lose and as you say you get future insurance options, which may or may not be competitive.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
chicb

Post by chicb »

I got free 7 days insurance with my new S class Merc. Never had to speak to anyone, only allow them to access my driving licence through DVLA, just like when getting a loan car when yours is in for a service. It would therefore be only me who can drive it. I think this would be the case with any free insurance. Tell your dealer its not practical to phone someone or get them to transport the car to your home if they won't sort it themselves.
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

I used the 7 day insurance, dealer did all the legwork and handed me the phone for final details on the day we did the deal, makes it easier to pickup the car especially as I got them to tax it as part of the deal, meant all that happened in advance arranged by the dealer and I just collected the car on the agreed date.

The renewal quote was actually quite competetive and they guarantee Jaguar repair centers, although I placed it on a joint insurance with my Evoque.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
jono_h

Post by jono_h »

I can't see there's any real catch to it - the excess on a windscreen claim is large (£500), and they get to harvest your personal details in order to give you an annual quote. For Jaguar there's no real cost to providing it. it's a good Customer Service perk, and they have you on their database so they can bother you with a quote every year.

I used it last year with Peugeot and will again when I pick up my F-Type - I get a week to try and sell my old car.

My quote was £960, which is about double what I'm expecting elsewhere.
TimG

Post by TimG »

jono_h - you have more than a week to sell your old car, just contact your insurance and ask them to add a temporsry additional vehicle whilst you sell it.
2015 V6S Convertible Stratus Grey
Heated Perf Seats 14 Way Adjust
Premium Leather
Black Pack
Black Centrifuge Wheels + Silver Propeller Winter Wheels
Meridian
Switchable Exhaust
High Perf Braking, Red Calipers
Adaptive Dynamics
Parking Sensors with Camera
Deleted User 1715

Thanks for all the replies. I had heard that there were conditions such as having to have the Jaguar tracker fitted etc. Seems this is not the case so I shall send it back to the dealer to sort out with a DVLA access code for them to check my history.

Thanks
SWC

Post by SWC »

Hi
They wouldn't do it for me as my 19MY P300 did not have the Jag tracker fitted, irrespective of having all the latest In-Control tech to track the cars location!

They refused to consider offering insurance whether drive away or annual due to the lack of Tracker. Ludicrous Jag insurance refusing to insure brand new Jags.

Wife's car is a Lexus so insured with Lexus, cheaper and better policy.
F-Type Coupe P300 - British Racing Green

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post