Whats the first thing I should do?

Anything F-Type related......
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Can’t see the original pictures but what’s wrong with the current interior? dropping a few £k on a custom interior wouldn’t have been my first choice

You mentioned buying a nice wax... get the car ceramic coated for a few hundred quid, much better option.
Look into tyre upgrades - a lot on here prefer the Michelin Pilot sport 4S’s
You could liven up the interior by changing the console trims - genuine or dipped carbon fibre

Not sure if your into performance mods but plenty out there - have a look at DAvid Appleby website

Tel

Post by Tel »

Think the first thing I did was topped up the tank and went out for hours and hours to get the 'running - in' bit done as quickly as!

Ceramic or what have you depends on whether you intend keeping the car or flogging it on after a few years.
It's a superficial coating that offers no protection from everyday driving, however it's a little more 'shiney' than the clear coat, and the crud washes off a little easier.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

Thanks. I can never take that Clear Coat seriously after watching 'Fargo'..'oh but that clear coat' I'll live with the interior for a bit first, but after seeing those beautiful seats, it's hard to resist.
Tyres will have to stay until I wear them out, as they have new ones at present.
And yes Monday is reserved for scaring the bejeebers out of myself no doubt and getting to know what it corners like, as I'm a bit of a corner freak after writing an E55 Mercedes off, a few years ago..I split the sump, proper job as they say down SW. But I got back in and learnt, on the peddle not off lol.
Appreciate the comments guys/gals...
MY18 F-Type aka 'The Beast' V6 Caldera Red, Oyster Interior, Bits and Bobs, Wrapped Black Roof and now 14'' short number plates.
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

What is the actual model you are getting.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

2017 (MY18?) V6 R-Dynamic 20" Gyros, Red, Oyster Interior. I guess one of the first things I should do is, appreciate I'm lucky enough to be able to own such a bucket list car.
MY18 F-Type aka 'The Beast' V6 Caldera Red, Oyster Interior, Bits and Bobs, Wrapped Black Roof and now 14'' short number plates.
scm

Post by scm »

MM1963 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:20 am 2017 (MY18?)
Check the 10th digit of your VIN for the MY - if it's J, you're MY18. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

It's a 'J' by jove! Thanks scm (again) :)