V8 still broken

Anything F-Type related......
Deleted User 2483

Post by Deleted User 2483 »

Inchcape sent my car back today after a week investigating a misfire. They changed a coil and plug on No7 cylinder. Had it half hour and problem occurred again exactly as before. Back it goes tomorrow. :evil:

scm

Post by scm »

Probably an injector.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Keep us posted on this Steve.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
Deleted User 2483

Dropped car off, they told me to drive it there and as I have their warranty I did so. It was fine as it happens.
Picked up a Red 2.0 Dynamic. Its got some go in it. Needs to be in S and paddle shift to get the best from it.
It is of course far better than my car as it works !
Deleted User 2483

Just had a call from the dealer, car should be ready tomorrow lunchtime. Misfire on No7 cylinder. The fault was ... can you guess ? Yes as we all knew, a faulty injector. So hopefully that's it, until the next one 😊
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Good to hear it should be sorted now.

I've had 5 of my 6 done at several different times!
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Deleted User 2483

After a bit of a delay ( injector stuck in ) got the car back yesterday and it runs like a champ. So pleased to have it back, in detailers today for a wash, brush up and ceramic coating. Three long days until I can drive it again.
Elementad

Post by Elementad »

What are the symptoms of failing or stuck injector (other than throwing codes and possible running rough)?
I’ve read on US forum can stick open under wide open throttle throwing out a vapour of fuel out the exhaust.
Did yours just go?
F Type R AWD coupe
(Previous car) F Type V6S convertible
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Throttle position is irrelevant - happened to me on M3 cruising up to a junction and on M25 in traffic at about 50mph steady throttle.

Think of bonfire smoke out the exhaust / running on tractor fuel and you get the picture :o

Failed open means it's dumping lots of fuel into the cylinder so you need to be prompt to ensure you don't get cylinder wash or worse still hydraulic lock.

No pre-warning in terms of message or not running smoothly.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Elementad

Post by Elementad »

Lunar wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:23 am Throttle position is irrelevant - happened to me on M3 cruising up to a junction and on M25 in traffic at about 50mph steady throttle.

Think of bonfire smoke out the exhaust / running on tractor fuel and you get the picture :o

Failed open means it's dumping lots of fuel into the cylinder so you need to be prompt to ensure you don't get cylinder wash or worse still hydraulic lock.

No pre-warning in terms of message or not running smoothly.
This under load (wide open throttle) or normal driving?
F Type R AWD coupe
(Previous car) F Type V6S convertible

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post