Sport Design Pack

Anything F-Type related......
rich7

Post by rich7 »

Hi,

Long-time listener, first-time caller.

I have one of the early V6 Convertibles (2014MY) in black and really like the look of the 400 Sport with the grey trim, so was looking into ways I could perhaps retro-fit a similar look to mine. The Sport Design kit seems to do it, and I've come across a couple of posts on this and the US forums about it, but can't find someone who has actually taken the plunge and fitted it after purchase.

The Jaguar accessories web site lists a price including VAT and fitting, but having been quoted by two local dealers, it's clear that it's going to cost a fair bit more than the price listed there.

If you've had this kit fitted to your car, are you happy you did or do you feel your money could have been better spent?

Or have you done something similar with other parts (Jaguar or aftermarket) to achieve a similar look?
2014 Black 3.0 V6 Convertible
Active Exhaust
Front Parking Sensors
Rear Parking Camera

vika01

Post by vika01 »

rich7 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:20 pm Hi,

Long-time listener, first-time caller.

I have one of the early V6 Convertibles (2014MY) in black and really like the look of the 400 Sport with the grey trim, so was looking into ways I could perhaps retro-fit a similar look to mine. The Sport Design kit seems to do it, and I've come across a couple of posts on this and the US forums about it, but can't find someone who has actually taken the plunge and fitted it after purchase.

The Jaguar accessories web site lists a price including VAT and fitting, but having been quoted by two local dealers, it's clear that it's going to cost a fair bit more than the price listed there.

If you've had this kit fitted to your car, are you happy you did or do you feel your money could have been better spent?

Or have you done something similar with other parts (Jaguar or aftermarket) to achieve a similar look?
I have the R with the design pack. I would only want it that way. In my opinion it brings the best out of the exterior.
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.
bobpies

Post by bobpies »

I have an R and a whole bunch of parts ready to fit from the SVR kit

check everything is in stock b4 u order (if you do) as I've been waiting for 1 final piece of the puzzle for nearly 2 months now (back order)
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Hi Rich,

I have a 14 black convertible as well, few things;
The 400 splitter wouldn’t fit - different front bumper to our 14 plates, different fixings etc

You can now and again find some of the design pack parts on eBay, certainly some cars at breakers and you could just buy the full bumper for example

if you go aftermarket then some of the maxton parts would be fine - side skirts look great on their website and are cheap

It’s a worth while upgrade but don’t go to JLR or start spending silly money, you could probably sell your car and buy one with the kit and the cost to change would be similar if nothing (dependant on spec/mileage etc)

Here’s mine
ImageImage

XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Mine came with the Design & Black pack fitted from new in 2013 at a cost of £1745.83 + Vat (£2095) so I'm guessing the cost to add it later would be astranomic

MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
chicb

Post by chicb »

That black car is the long lost twin of my car. :o Same seats, wheels etc. I have not seen mine for months as its under a cover, but I better check to see if its still there or if you have been visiting some dark night. Two of us with good taste :D
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
rich7

Post by rich7 »

dbv6s wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:43 am Hi Rich,

The 400 splitter wouldn’t fit - different front bumper to our 14 plates, different fixings etc

You can now and again find some of the design pack parts on eBay, certainly some cars at breakers and you could just buy the full bumper for example

if you go aftermarket then some of the maxton parts would be fine - side skirts look great on their website and are cheap

It’s a worth while upgrade but don’t go to JLR or start spending silly money, you could probably sell your car and buy one with the kit and the cost to change would be similar if nothing (dependant on spec/mileage etc)

Here’s mine
ImageImage
That, Sir, looks epic. Are those sills painted in grey or are they body-coloured and it's a trick of the light? Are they from the design pack?

Sadly, it looks like I'll have to come up with another plan as it's looking like £3,500+ to retrofit! Maxton may be an option...
2014 Black 3.0 V6 Convertible
Active Exhaust
Front Parking Sensors
Rear Parking Camera
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

rich7 wrote:
dbv6s wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:43 am Hi Rich,

Here’s mine
ImageImage
That, Sir, looks epic. Are those sills painted in grey or are they body-coloured and it's a trick of the light? Are they from the design pack?

Sadly, it looks like I'll have to come up with another plan as it's looking like £3,500+ to retrofit! Maxton may be an option...

Thanks, body coloured sills, just reflecting the light as I’d been busy polishing! That’s the JLR pack yes

I’d definitely have a look at aftermarket OR eBay, a lot of cars our age are available now, whilst you might need to pay for it to be painted, it would be massively cheaper than £3.5k!
Maxton side skirts look similar from the web image, from memory they are under £200 I think?
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Here’s the maxton stuff, appreciate it’s not exactly the same but the top ones look spot on

£129(!)

Quick search on eBay, here’s a rear bumper and a diffuser, potentially no need for paint, and you could fit yourself, gives you a rough idea

I’d haggle and shop around, I think you could get the same look for around £1k
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Here’s mine on my 2013 S fitted by me shortly after I purchased the car.
Added complete SVR front end, 400 series side skirts in body colour and design rear end with later led fog and reverse lights. Wrapped part of the rear.
Don’t have to pay the earth if you do as I did and mix and march from eBay and missing bits from JLR
Few photos and happy to talk through any part of the fitting processes

10CE5506-9A07-4C42-ABA7-46ACE78723A4.jpeg

E0F5A37E-FB70-4972-B055-19F0432500D3.jpeg

089CF0D0-8A1F-4CE5-89BD-FA42A3892721.jpeg

0AE67E95-AA1B-4302-AE76-00B3273B2705.jpeg

2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post