New F-type. Extremely quiet.

Anything F-Type related......
vika01

Post by vika01 »

2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.

Blueone

Post by Blueone »

Was about to post this link myself. I'm really not sold on the front. I think they've killed the look completely.
MY20 F-Type P340
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Seems like Rory liked it and it received a good review on Car wow. I must admit that the looks are growing on me as well !

I always wondered why MY car doesn't sound as what I expected and now I see in order to really get the "FT Note", it needs to be revved past 4000rpm.

Around 1000-2000 rpm with the valves closed, it really sounds no louder than any other sedan (unless the exhaust valves are open)

Contrast that to some Maseratis and Porsche's I have heard but then again I don't know if the Exhaust valves are open.
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

scm

Post by scm »

santoshlv426 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:50 pmIn order to really get the "FT Note", it needs to be revved past 4000rpm.
Just select Dynamic and Sport and you can enjoy the F-Type theme tune all the time. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

When I took my F-Beast into Beadles last week, the Technician Matt said to me, 'Your'e the first person who has Dynamic mode engaged, 99% have it in Snow/Ice/Rain Mode even in Summer'...So, do most people actually know there's a giggle button included.
MY18 F-Type aka 'The Beast' V6 Caldera Red, Oyster Interior, Bits and Bobs, Wrapped Black Roof and now 14'' short number plates.
scm

Post by scm »

I've never used the snow mode in my F--Type and only ever once in my previous XKR. It softened the throttle pedal so much I couldn't work out how far to press it to make the car go and ended up overcooking it (fortunately in an empty, snow covered car park). I much prefer knowing how the throttle behaves "all the time" so I can make the necessary adjustments. That said, I certainly wouldn't risk my F-Type in snowy or icy conditions.
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Reading the review from Carthrottle - "The noise from the V8, though, is something I’m completely on board with. The pipework doesn’t change between this and the P450, but the software does, resulting in more pops, bangs and general silliness in the R. But importantly, it’s not excessive and borderline antisocial like it used to be. It’s still rich and fruity, but more grown-up."

They killed the beast.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/2020-j ... pointment/
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Caranddriver - "We can say, however, that the V-8's retuned exhaust is much more aurally subdued. On overrun, the outgoing V-8 cars always sounded like someone tossed a string of firecrackers into a drainage culvert—fun till the cops show up. There's still a snarl when you back off the throttle, but you no longer expect the exhaust to leave a trail of lightly smoldering shrubs in your wake."

There you have it, coffin sealed.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a3 ... ype-drive/
scm

Post by scm »

I'm hanging onto mine forever! :D
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Ditto! ^^

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post