New F-type. Extremely quiet.

Anything F-Type related......
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Another review - this one from Motortrend...

"Another big change for 2021 is the "more rounded, more mature" exhaust note. In the opening paragraph, I briefly mentioned the exquisite, animalistic noise the old F-Type used to make. If you're not familiar, it was beautifully obnoxious to the point of, "How can this be legal?" The V-6, too.

I remember once sitting in the parking garage at MotorTrend headquarters behind the wheel of our long-term F-Type R. Parked a few spaces away from me was features editor Christian Seabuagh in a Dodge Hellcat. I'm probably 15 years older than Christian, but mentally we're both pre-adolescents. There we sat, each supercharged V-8 in park, revving and revving the engines. I believe the F-Type was not only louder but also more musical. Real brassy, real shreddy. Anyhow, that (admittedly) juvenile noise has been declawed, and the R's glorious cold start has been (partially) neutered. There's a Quiet mode for startup (and for your neighbors). The default is on, and it can switched off, but you gotta assume most owners are going to either never know about the option for a loud start or just never bother. Pity.

With sharper looks and better handling, much of the last iteration's youthful exuberance has been bred out of the new version. I understand why, but I will miss the sound of an exhaust that sounds like four baritone saxophones run through a dozen Mesa/Boogie full stacks. The new sound out the quad-pipes is loud and deep but not nearly as animalistic, not nearly as unique."

Reading these reviews regarding the muted exhaust sound almost brings a tear to the eye.

Lutondave

Post by Lutondave »

A quieter f type???
No no no, not for me.
Imo the biggest selling point of the cars is the amazing sounds
V6 S convertible 2013 black with silver trim and silver cyclones
V8 AWD convertible 2016 glacier white, black trim, black bonnet vents, black badges and black cyclones
Blakums

Post by Blakums »

Dazarooni, unfortunately I have to agree with you..If any Jag staff are monitoring - get a grip! You are putting a lot of people off buying an F Type because you’ve dumbed the sound down! I am living proof!
Currently a McLaren 600LT Spider
Previously a Mc 570S Spider and an Ultra Blue SVR MY 19.5 with lots of goodies!
Er indoors has an MY21 Firenze red EPace HSE
Elementad

Post by Elementad »

Take note jaguar are currently updating people’s cars during services without them knowing and removing the dynamic mode memory which defaults to quiet mode even if you have just been driving it in dynamic mode.

I’m not happy about it and it’s not fair.
F Type R AWD coupe
(Previous car) F Type V6S convertible
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

They touch my car without prior permission, and quieten The Beast, I shall do time for it.
They done something to my XF Diesel two years ago, and when I asked what, I received a very ambiguous reply,
I started with my normal I don't take BS commoner attitude, and the service manager locked himself in an office...Never did get an answer to what they did, but no doubt a dodgy move before the Dieselgate scandal.
MY18 F-Type aka 'The Beast' V6 Caldera Red, Oyster Interior, Bits and Bobs, Wrapped Black Roof and now 14'' short number plates.
scm

Post by scm »

All the more reason to use an independent for servicing.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

scm wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:00 pm All the more reason to use an independent for servicing.
Do I have to use a Jaguar Dealership in the first year of my approved vehicle?
Also I've taken out a plan with them....any ideas squire :)
MY18 F-Type aka 'The Beast' V6 Caldera Red, Oyster Interior, Bits and Bobs, Wrapped Black Roof and now 14'' short number plates.
scm

Post by scm »

MM1963 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:19 pm Do I have to use a Jaguar Dealership in the first year of my approved vehicle?
Also I've taken out a plan with them....any ideas squire :)
AIUI, any VAT-registered garage can be used for servicing without adversely affecting any warranty.

Bad news that you've taken out a service plan, you're stuck with them for the duration, I'm afraid.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

D'oh!
Balmoral888

Post by Balmoral888 »

So if i want the full pops and bangs back on my new F Type V8, what should I do?
Where to go to reinstate that glorious character....?
Is there a software fix?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post