New F-type. Extremely quiet.

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

I've heard that they get noisier as you use them, but not the full fat noise of the earlier models. Best to buy used if you want loud. ;)

And welcome to the forum!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

Alsam

Post by Alsam »

I can confirm that from new my car has increased its noise output from new to 3 months. I’m currently at 2200 miles and use the car as my daily drive. From new I had issues and within a week realised the n/s exhaust solenoid was defective. This was replaced (so much for preregistered tests Guy Salmon Coventry). I can hear an increase in exhaust output as the exhaust is no longer shut!

My previous car was and F-Pace and using the forum for this vehicle most users were concerned with software. The F-Type forum appears to be more concerned with noise and keeping the car on the road.

From my perspective the 30l dual trumpet sounds just that.. loud but slightly juvenile. The 5l gives more muted but none the less more depth and maturity. Then as the exhausts are central and lack stereo…. :?
First Edition P450
Eiger Grey
Red Brakes
Heated Screen
Panoramic Roof

MY2021
BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail »

I found going from the centre pipes to quad that you hear the quads much better in the coupe because they are closer to your ear (or at least one side is). But in the v6 'vert that I test drove the exhaust was very, very noisy with the lid down. If Jag is going to make these noisy cars, they should have the rear windows go down in the coupes. I took the rear glass out of my XKR coupe to tint it, and the noise was enormously louder.
2016.5 V6s in IRR with lotsa wrap
VAP Quad exhaust, pulley and tune, 21 inch Vorsteiners
2019 Mustang V8 manual in subtle orange with tasteful stripes
scz4

Post by scz4 »

Is it possible to disconnect the valves on the newer V8 so they're open all the time, not just above 3000rpm? From the videos I've seen online there's a very pronounced change as the valves opens.

I've disconnected them on my V6S and make such a big difference.
scm

Post by scm »

scz4 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:38 am Is it possible to disconnect the valves on the newer V8 so they're open all the time, not just above 3000rpm? From the videos I've seen online there's a very pronounced change as the valves opens.
Doesn't putting it in dynamic mode leave the valves open all the time? And on my MY18, in non-dynamic the active exhaust switch opens the valves from around 1500 rpm, and I've read that on some models the switch opens the valves from tickover.
BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail »

Back in the XKR you could remove fuse 19 which left them open all the time. Maybe the f type is similar
2016.5 V6s in IRR with lotsa wrap
VAP Quad exhaust, pulley and tune, 21 inch Vorsteiners
2019 Mustang V8 manual in subtle orange with tasteful stripes
scm

Post by scm »

Fuse 15 (left side engine bay) in the MY18 should do it (I've never tried it, though).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post