Should I stay or go?

Anything F-Type related......
jono_h

Post by jono_h »

A few weeks ago I posted in the Introductions sections having done a deal on a 2014 V8S.

I got to enjoy it for 2 weeks before dropping it back to have a fault with the passenger window fixed. Nearly 2 weeks later I'm still without my car, which apparently needs a new Body Control Module. I've posted my spare key so it can be coded to the new BCM, but getting any information from the Service department is impossible.

I'm seriously considering using the 30 day return policy to get my money back. The car feels like a lemon (collection was delayed by a week due to a fault with the hood), and the general Jaguar customer experience hasn't matched my expectations of a 'premium' brand.

Anyone else have Jaguar remorse which they overcame? Or is the magic lost forever?

scm

Post by scm »

First thing I do when I get a used Jaguar is make sure the battery is fully charged as a low charge can give rise to a lot of elecrical gremlins, and driving the car doesn't always get the battery fully charged. Any chance that could be the case with yours? It wouldn't be the first time dealers have misdiagnosed "faulty" modules - mine "needed" a new telematics unit because my phone wouldn't connect - turned out to be a phone incompatibility.

Stick with it - a few months of trouble-free driving when you get it back will rekindle the love!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
chicb

Post by chicb »

Pointless phoning or email. Go into the garage & demand answers. Threaten them with 30 day return that may focus their attention. If you don't get the answers you want, return it. Plenty for sale out there. Good luck
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

Absolutely agree with 'politely' saying you'll return the car under 30 return, stating not sold as seen etc.
Have you had SimpleR do his thing? He told me that mine had its battery charged two days before I test drove it and the condition it was in etc.
As for sending a £900 key.in the post..good luck with that.
But like me, I went through a pretty rubbish time with a Jaguar Dealer...just dont take it.
And yes wait until you start driving it again..you'll fall for the cars bewitching charm and splendor.
MY18 F-Type aka 'The Beast' V6 Caldera Red, Oyster Interior, Bits and Bobs, Wrapped Black Roof and now 14'' short number plates.
Tel

Post by Tel »

I sent back a brand new V8S that we had specced/built after about 4 months as it wasn't up to scratch.

If you don't feel happy with it, then get shot quickly and find another. If you are anything like me and this is a one off chance of a lifetime purchase, then it's got to be 100% or nowt.

The magic comes rushing back once you have a product that gives you confidence.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
jono_h

Post by jono_h »

Thanks for all the replies and the sage advice!

Unfortunately the dealership is a 3 hour round trip away - it annoyed me that I was going to have to return twice to drop off and pick up the car for repair,let alone a third time to make a nuisance of myself.

Tomorrow was the deadline I'd given myself for getting it back, so I'll wait to see if I get a call in the morning.
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

If you reject within 30 days you're under no obligation to take it back to them. You only have to make it available for them to collect.
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Any news?
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp
jono_h

Post by jono_h »

Well the answer to that is - sort of, but not really!

The car still isn’t fixed. They’ve replaced every module associated with the doors and windows, and whilst the passenger window now drops when the door is opened, the one touch locking isn’t working. They’re stuck and hoping Jaguar Technical can help.
I’ve been driving their loan car (a brand new P380) longer that I got to drive mine.

I sent a letter formally rejecting the car on Friday, day 28 of my 30, but suggested they don’t action it until they’ve spoken to Jaguar Technical on Monday / Tuesday.

But I still have the same dilemma - if I decide to stay a member of the F-Type club there’s nothing currently for sale that I’d buy instead, this car is a great combination of colour, spec & price.

On the other hand I hadn’t instantly fallen in love with my F-Type, and this would be an easy way of getting my money back, and jumping into my SLK which is still on my drive.

Why can’t the decision be easy? Can’t someone make it for me!
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

grow a pair jono.