Xcarlink demo in 2014 R

Anything F-Type related......
Deleted User 2483

Post by Deleted User 2483 »

MM1963 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:03 pm On my 2017/18 model (the 1st face lift) they added I think the HDMI MHL input, which allows you to play external videos etc, from your phone.

I once plugged my android phone into my TV, and yes I had a 65" android phone TV..

But obviously the touch screen only works on the phone itself, your set up now allows touch screen on the cars unit.
I can play all the things my phone does, but still won't be able to use the ease of the touch screen on the car.

Defeats the object really, but OK for Sat Nav once I set the journey before I move off.

Hope that makes sense...almost like the Marx brothers, the first part of the second part of the third part...and so on...
That seems to be a reasonable solution, for no cost. Just put a phone holder in and you can probably work round the issues that may arise. The older systems are poor, so the xcarlink does make it more usable and also a better look when just playing radio or music too. Instead of the blocky Blue on the OEM unit. I would have swopped out the complete unit for an aftermarket if it did not have the Dynamic stuff and vent controls in it.

MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

I still think I'll take a day out and visit your guy in Lydden Rd thou.
He gets great reviews...my guy in Chatham, wanted crazy money to install a Sub in my 2017 XF, and change the front 2 speakers and 2 tweeters...£1000...
So might see what he wants to pad acoustic wadding etc into doors to stop booming of the bass, and perhaps see what else he can do to improve things.
So thanks for that.
MY18 F-Type aka 'The Beast' V6 Caldera Red, Oyster Interior, Bits and Bobs, Wrapped Black Roof and now 14'' short number plates.
Deleted User 2483

MM1963 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:13 pm I still think I'll take a day out and visit your guy in Lydden Rd thou.
He gets great reviews...my guy in Chatham, wanted crazy money to install a Sub in my 2017 XF, and change the front 2 speakers and 2 tweeters...£1000...
So might see what he wants to pad acoustic wadding etc into doors to stop booming of the bass, and perhaps see what else he can do to improve things.
So thanks for that.
It's a proper spit and sawdust place in a pot hole filled a farm yard. But he does good work.
I sat in the car and held things while he worked.
scm

Post by scm »

Stevepax wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:00 pm It's a proper spit and sawdust place in a pot hole filled a farm yard. But he does good work.
I sat in the car and held things while he worked.
That's my kind of guy! I hate dealerships where they take the car away and won't let you know what's gong on ("because we're the experts, Sir").
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

Yup agree (excuse the pun) sounds good to me too.
Mans dedicated, look at the hours.
MY18 F-Type aka 'The Beast' V6 Caldera Red, Oyster Interior, Bits and Bobs, Wrapped Black Roof and now 14'' short number plates.
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

Update on this place in Kent, visited Dan today..Stevepax said spit and sawdust, that's being kind lol
Absolutely great guy is Dan, lives in a converted double decker bus (which he was in several local and national papers about) does all his work in the yard outside or is mobile.
First class work, was fitting a dash cam when I arrived and was hands on with the owner etc.
I then spoke with Dan for at least an hour and he was totally upfront about everything and very reasonable.
Like Dan a lot and have booked The Beast in for Wednesday to have a supply and fit Thinkware 2k dash cam fitted £150 ding dang doo..
Incar Installations Smersole Farm, Lydden Rd, Dover CT15 7HF..Look for a Double Decker Bus!
Deleted User 2483

Ha ha I did not want to be too rude, but don't judge a book by its cover etc.
You not having car play fitted then?
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

Hi Steve, no as I have the HDMI link..But having some bits done, Dash Cam, and we are trying to sort that godfather awful Meridian sound system, suggested using all the factory installed speakers as mids and tweeters and installing a sub somewhere.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post